Rmagick installing problems

gibbs

10/15/2007 12:08:00 PM

I tried to install Rmagick and I have obtained the following error. What
can I do?

Configuring RMagick 1.15.10
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for gcc option to accept ISO C99... -std=gnu99
checking for gcc -std=gnu99 option to accept ISO Standard C... (cached)
-std=gnu99
checking for ruby... /usr/local/bin/ruby
checking for Magick-config... Magick-config
checking for InitializeMagick in -lMagick... no
configure: error: Can't install RMagick. Can't find libMagick or one of
the dependent libraries.
Check the config.log file for more detailed information.
RMagick configuration failed with status 1.

Gem files will remain installed in
/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rmagick-1.15.10 for inspection.
Results logged to
/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rmagick-1.15.10/gem_make.out

Thanks.
2 Answers

Clifford Heath

gibbs wrote:
> I tried to install Rmagick and I have obtained the following error. What
> can I do?

Install ImageMagick first?

Clifford Heath.

> Configuring RMagick 1.15.10
> checking for gcc... gcc
> checking for suffix of executables...
> checking for gcc option to accept ISO C99... -std=gnu99
> checking for gcc -std=gnu99 option to accept ISO Standard C... (cached)
> -std=gnu99
> checking for ruby... /usr/local/bin/ruby
> checking for Magick-config... Magick-config
> checking for InitializeMagick in -lMagick... no
> configure: error: Can't install RMagick. Can't find libMagick or one of
> the dependent libraries.
> Check the config.log file for more detailed information.
> RMagick configuration failed with status 1.
>

> Gem files will remain installed in
> /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rmagick-1.15.10 for inspection.
> Results logged to
> /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rmagick-1.15.10/gem_make.out
>
> Thanks.

Axel Etzold

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 21:10:14 +0900
> Von: gibbs <gibbs@xxx.it>
> An: ruby-talk@ruby-lang.org
> Betreff: Rmagick installing problems

> I tried to install Rmagick and I have obtained the following error. What
> can I do?
>
> Configuring RMagick 1.15.10
> checking for gcc... gcc
> checking for suffix of executables...
> checking for gcc option to accept ISO C99... -std=gnu99
> checking for gcc -std=gnu99 option to accept ISO Standard C... (cached)
> -std=gnu99
> checking for ruby... /usr/local/bin/ruby
> checking for Magick-config... Magick-config
> checking for InitializeMagick in -lMagick... no
> configure: error: Can't install RMagick. Can't find libMagick or one of
> the dependent libraries.
> Check the config.log file for more detailed
> information.
> RMagick configuration failed with status 1.
>

> Gem files will remain installed in
> /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rmagick-1.15.10 for inspection.
> Results logged to
> /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rmagick-1.15.10/gem_make.out
>
> Thanks.

Dear Gibbs,

there's some explanation in RMagick's Installation FAQ:

http://rmagick.rubyforge.org/install-faq.html...

Hope that helps.

Best regards,

Axel