MaxSizeError on spreadsheet-excel olewriter

Dan Fitzpatrick

10/10/2007 6:16:00 PM

I am making an excel file with spreadsheet-excel 0.3.5.1. Getting a
MaxSizeError in set_size (olewriter.rb line 65) when generating a large
file. Does anyone know what causes this? The docs refer to a former bug
in the max size of the data in a cell. But I don't think that is the
case in this situation. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan

2 Answers

Daniel Berger

On Oct 10, 12:16 pm, Dan Fitzpatrick <d...@eparklabs.com> wrote:
> I am making an excel file with spreadsheet-excel 0.3.5.1. Getting a
> MaxSizeError in set_size (olewriter.rb line 65) when generating a large
> file. Does anyone know what causes this? The docs refer to a former bug
> in the max size of the data in a cell. But I don't think that is the
> case in this situation. Any help is appreciated.

You can't create a spreadsheet larger than 7mb currently (iirc),
unless Hannes has changed something since I last worked on it.

Regards,

Dan

Dan Fitzpatrick

Daniel Berger wrote:
> On Oct 10, 12:16 pm, Dan Fitzpatrick <d...@eparklabs.com> wrote:
>
>> I am making an excel file with spreadsheet-excel 0.3.5.1. Getting a
>> MaxSizeError in set_size (olewriter.rb line 65) when generating a large
>> file. Does anyone know what causes this? The docs refer to a former bug
>> in the max size of the data in a cell. But I don't think that is the
>> case in this situation. Any help is appreciated.
>>

> You can't create a spreadsheet larger than 7mb currently (iirc),
> unless Hannes has changed something since I last worked on it.
>
> Regards,
>
> Dan

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the info.