RubyForge migration hiccups

Tom Copeland

10/10/2007 4:22:00 PM

Hi all -

If you're having trouble committing to a RubyForge svn/cvs repo this
morning, it may be because the DNS change may not have propagated everywhere
yet, and I renamed the repo directories on the old machine to prevent
commits from being lost. So to accomodate this, if rubyforge.org still
resolves to 205.234.109.18 for you, you may want to add a hosts file entry
to point it to the new address - 205.234.109.19.

Yours,

Tom

2 Answers

Daniel Berger

On Oct 10, 10:22 am, "Tom Copeland" <t...@infoether.com> wrote:
> Hi all -
>
> If you're having trouble committing to a RubyForge svn/cvs repo this
> morning, it may be because the DNS change may not have propagated everywhere
> yet, and I renamed the repo directories on the old machine to prevent
> commits from being lost. So to accomodate this, if rubyforge.org still
> resolves to 205.234.109.18 for you, you may want to add a hosts file entry
> to point it to the new address - 205.234.109.19.

When I ping it I see 205.234.109.19, but I still see the maintenance
page when I point at it with my web browser. I cleaned out temp files,
cookies, history, etc. Still no joy.

Perhaps an automatic redirect could be done?

Regards,

Dan

Phillip Gawlowski

Or clean your DNS cache? On Windows it's ipconfig /flushdns (needs Admin
priviliges).

I don't know about the *nix variant, though, but I guess it can be found in
man ifconfig.

--
Phillip Gawlowski