Re: Simple socket server not working?

Stephen Ware

10/10/2007 2:54:00 AM

(Just to avoid easy questions...)

I am using 'telnet <myserver> 5056'.

I have tried using a different port number.

The ports are not blocked on my server.

Stephen Ware

Hmm... seem to have fixed my own problem. I just removed the
'localhost' parameter from the TCPServer and it works fine.

Ari Brown

On Oct 9, 2007, at 11:49 PM, Stephen Ware wrote:

> Hmm... seem to have fixed my own problem. I just removed the
> 'localhost' parameter from the TCPServer and it works fine.

As a quick summary of the problem, 127.0.0.1 is ONLY accessible from
your local machine. :-)

If you try it with your network IP address, make sure you don't have
any firewalls blocking it.

HTH
Ari
If you're not living on the edge,