Migrating RubyForge to new hardware

Tom Copeland

10/10/2007 1:05:00 AM

Hello all -

We're migrating RubyForge to a new server this evening. This will mean
a spot of downtime for various things, but hopefully not too much.
Thanks to Tim Bray for getting us a nice new server!

Yours,

Tom

6 Answers

Tom Copeland

On Tue, 2007-10-09 at 21:04 -0400, Tom Copeland wrote:
> Hello all -
>
> We're migrating RubyForge to a new server this evening. This will mean
> a spot of downtime for various things, but hopefully not too much.
> Thanks to Tim Bray for getting us a nice new server!

The migration is more or less complete; if you notice anything awry,
please post a support req here:

http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?atid=102&group_id=5&f...

Or just let me know at tom@infoether.com. Thanks!

Yours,

Tom

Bil Kleb

Tom Copeland wrote:

> Thanks to Tim Bray for getting us a nice new server!

Thanks Tim!

BTW: what sort of box is it?

Regards,
--
Bil Kleb
http://fun3d.lar...

Jano Svitok

On 10/10/07, Bil Kleb <Bil.Kleb@nasa.gov> wrote:
> BTW: what sort of box is it?

Sun X4200 M2 server (with a prodigious 8 GB of RAM)

http://tomcopeland.blogs.com/juniordeveloper/2007/10/new-hardwa...

Gerardo Santana Gómez Garrido

2007/10/9, Tom Copeland <tom@infoether.com>:
> Hello all -
>
> We're migrating RubyForge to a new server this evening. This will mean
> a spot of downtime for various things, but hopefully not too much.
> Thanks to Tim Bray for getting us a nice new server!
>
> Yours,
>
> Tom

Thanks Tom for the great work.

Is CVS already online? I couldn't grab a copy for ruby-informix. I'm
the developer (santana is my username). Transcript follows:

$ echo $CVS_RSH
/usr/bin/ssh
$ cvs -d :ext:santana@rubyforge.org:/var/cvs/ruby-informix checkout
ruby-informix
santana@rubyforge.org's password:
cvs checkout: warning: unrecognized response `This is a restricted
account.' from cvs server
cvs checkout: warning: unrecognized response `You cannot execute
anything here.' from cvs server
cvs checkout: warning: unrecognized response `Goodbye.' from cvs server
cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if any)

--
Gerardo Santana

2007/10/12, Gerardo Santana Gómez Garrido <gerardo.santana@gmail.com>:

> Is CVS already online? I couldn't grab a copy for ruby-informix. I'm
> the developer (santana is my username). Transcript follows:

And my DNS already resolves rubyforge.org as 205.234.109.19

--
Gerardo Santana

Tom Copeland

On Sat, 2007-10-13 at 12:33 +0900, Gerardo Santana Gómez Garrido wrote:
> $ echo $CVS_RSH
> /usr/bin/ssh
> $ cvs -d :ext:santana@rubyforge.org:/var/cvs/ruby-informix checkout
> ruby-informix
> santana@rubyforge.org's password:
> cvs checkout: warning: unrecognized response `This is a restricted
> account.' from cvs server
> cvs checkout: warning: unrecognized response `You cannot execute
> anything here.' from cvs server
> cvs checkout: warning: unrecognized response `Goodbye.' from cvs server
> cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if any)

Hm, that's weird... hm. Thanks for the note, I emailed you and we'll
sort through this offline...

Thanks,

Tom