syntax: iter?

Giles Bowkett

10/9/2007 8:01:00 PM

The Rubinius specs refer to an iter statement. I have vague memories
of one existing but couldn't find any doc of it in the Pickaxe, and I
don't have my other books around. Am I dreaming?

>> iter
NameError: undefined local variable or method `iter' for main:Object
from (irb):1

--
Giles Bowkett

Blog: http://gilesbowkett.bl...
Portfolio: http://www.gilesg...
Tumblelog: http://giles.t...

4 Answers

Eric Hodel

On Oct 9, 2007, at 13:01 , Giles Bowkett wrote:
> The Rubinius specs refer to an iter statement. I have vague memories
> of one existing but couldn't find any doc of it in the Pickaxe, and I
> don't have my other books around. Am I dreaming?
>
>>> iter
> NameError: undefined local variable or method `iter' for main:Object
> from (irb):1

You are dreaming.

Giles Bowkett

> > The Rubinius specs refer to an iter statement. I have vague memories
> > of one existing but couldn't find any doc of it in the Pickaxe, and I
> > don't have my other books around. Am I dreaming?

> > NameError: undefined local variable or method `iter' for main:Object
> > from (irb):1
>
> You are dreaming.

It happens.

--
Giles Bowkett

Blog: http://gilesbowkett.bl...
Portfolio: http://www.gilesg...
Tumblelog: http://giles.t...

Ryan Davis

On Oct 9, 2007, at 13:01 , Giles Bowkett wrote:

> The Rubinius specs refer to an iter statement. I have vague memories
> of one existing but couldn't find any doc of it in the Pickaxe, and I
> don't have my other books around. Am I dreaming?

Prolly not an iter statement... Prolly iter expressions/ASTs:

% echo "[].each {}" | parse_tree_show -
s(:iter, s(:call, s(:zarray), :each), nil)

Giles Bowkett

> > The Rubinius specs refer to an iter statement. I have vague memories
> > of one existing but couldn't find any doc of it in the Pickaxe, and I
> > don't have my other books around. Am I dreaming?
>
> Prolly not an iter statement... Prolly iter expressions/ASTs:
>
> % echo "[].each {}" | parse_tree_show -
> s(:iter, s(:call, s(:zarray), :each), nil)

yeah, I think that's it.

--
Giles Bowkett

Blog: http://gilesbowkett.bl...