autoprint of exception backtrace

mortee

Peter Schrammel

Hi mortee,

I had a look at the sources but all there is:
#define TRACE_MAX (TRACE_HEAD+TRACE_TAIL+5)
#define TRACE_HEAD 8
#define TRACE_TAIL 5
in eval.c

it seems to me, that the number of outputlines is hardcoded. So only
recompile helps. I tested it (changed the values to 20) and it works.
Can somebody with more core-dev experience acknowledge this? It would be
cool if one could change this somehow (without recompile).

if you can use irb you might be luckier:
--back-trace-limit n
displays backtrace top n and tail n. The default value is 16.

Peter