Image libraries for Ruby?

forgottenwizard

10/6/2007 10:02:00 PM

I'm trying to write out a script to help me sort out a bunch (more than
1,000) wallpapers, and do so by wallpaper size. I've done a little
looking, but so far the only lib I have seen that might help is
ImageMagick, and I want to see if anyone knows of another to do this.

How I'm trying to do this:

gather the x and y size of the wallpaper (this is the hard part from
what I can see).

move that wallpaper into a directory with those dimensions as the name
(such as 1280x1024)

echo the name of that wallpaper, based on a set of rules, into a file to
use as a sort of database to help keep up with everything.

4 Answers

Philip Hallstrom

Randy R

"forgottenwizard" <phrexianreaper@hushmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to write out a script to help me sort out a bunch (more than
> 1,000) wallpapers, and do so by wallpaper size. I've done a little
> looking, but so far the only lib I have seen that might help is
> ImageMagick, and I want to see if anyone knows of another to do this.

What's wrong with ImageMagick? It'll do what you need...

Julian 'Julik' Tarkhanov

On 7-okt-2007, at 1:20, Just Another Victim of the Ambient Morality
wrote:
> What's wrong with ImageMagick? It'll do what you need...

Depends on what system you are running, might be problematic if it's
Win32 but if you are in the Mac or
if you already have ImageMagick (with convert and stuff, not the
devel libs) you can try my ImageProc. It's basically
one-sop API for bounds-resizing, in one file.

http://julik.textdriven.com/svn/tools/ruby_libs/image_proc/ima...

I do like the idea of scanning the headers PHP style, might have a go
at it once for ImageProc :-)
--
Julian 'Julik' Tarkhanov
please send all personal mail to
me at julik.nl

forgottenwizard

On 06:18 Mon 08 Oct , Julian Tarkhanov wrote:

> On 7-okt-2007, at 1:20, Just Another Victim of the Ambient Morality wrote:
>> What's wrong with ImageMagick? It'll do what you need...
>
> Depends on what system you are running, might be problematic if it's Win32
> but if you are in the Mac or
> if you already have ImageMagick (with convert and stuff, not the devel
> libs) you can try my ImageProc. It's basically
> one-sop API for bounds-resizing, in one file.
>
> http://julik.textdriven.com/svn/tools/ruby_libs/image_proc/ima...
>
> I do like the idea of scanning the headers PHP style, might have a go at it
> once for ImageProc :-)
> --
> Julian 'Julik' Tarkhanov
> please send all personal mail to
> me at julik.nl

I didn't want to use ImageMagick because it did a bit more than I wanted
it to, but I went ahead an installed it.

I may look into your lib some, but that may come later when I know that
what I'm trying to do works.