Please anyone help me!!

Vellingiri Arul

10/6/2007 6:49:00 AM

Hai Friends!
Now I have started to learn the socket.
I have not get any good resource for sockets programming in ruby.
Please any one help me .
If you are having any book or link means,send to me.
And also I wanted to know what is the use of Mutex in ruby that is
derived from threds.

deep regards,
Vellingiri.

7stud 7stud

Oh my God!!!! Wolf!! Wolf!! Help me! Fire in the theater! URGENT!!! The
sky is falling, the sky is falling!!!! Calling all cars, respond to the
scene immediately, officer down!!!!! Please help me!!! HELLLLLP!!!

I need to start learning ROR in 6 months time. Can anyone recommend a
good book?

Alex Shulgin

On Oct 6, 9:48 am, Vellingiri Arul <hariharan....@rediffmail.com>
wrote:
> Hai Friends!
> Now I have started to learn the socket.
> I have not get any good resource for sockets programming in ruby.
> Please any one help me .
> If you are having any book or link means,send to me.
> And also I wanted to know what is the use of Mutex in ruby that is
> derived from threds.

Why don't you google? ;)

--
Alex
PS: it might be more wise to learn the concept of sockets from the low-

Arlen Cuss

On Sat, 2007-10-06 at 21:16 +0900, Victor Reyes wrote:
> Is the sarcasm necessary? Is that the new "The new Ruby Way"?

No, I don't think it's representative of our whole group, just someone
new.

Arlen

Marc Heiler

> Is the sarcasm necessary? Is that the new "The new Ruby Way"?

That is just one individual among a group of thousands.

mrpink

I also started to figure out about sockets. I would suggest reading this introducing tutorial in C:
http://www.cs.rpi.edu/courses/sysprog/sockets...
It describes exactly what is needed for sockets. Also reading the doc could be helpfull but take care because some of the samples are broken:http://www.ruby-doc.org/stdlib/libdoc/socket/rdoc/...

--
kazaam <kazaam@oleco.net>

Marcin Raczkowski

Victor Reyes wrote:
> Is the sarcasm necessary? Is that the new "The new Ruby Way"?

Check archives, this guy is creating new threads with every problem he
faces, programing in general, langue choice, implementation, computers,
all here, most of his questions are ultra-basic, and are described in
Pickaxe, CS books, or google (usually one good search returns 5-10 pages
with answers to his question) so sarcasm is necessary (i doubt he'll
understand it tho), also i never seen him thank for answers someone gave
him or post more then one post in thread he started(except for one case
when he asked additional question)