PDF::SimpleTable

Neha Chopra

10/4/2007 10:04:00 AM

Is it possible to have a table inside another table in PDF.

Austin Ziegler

On 10/4/07, Neha Chopra <neha.chopra@pontusglobal.com> wrote:
> Is it possible to have a table inside another table in PDF.

Not using PDF::SimpleTable.

-austin
--
Austin Ziegler * halostatue@gmail.com * http://www.halo...
* austin@halostatue.ca * http://www.halo...feed/

Neha Chopra

Austin Ziegler wrote:
> On 10/4/07, Neha Chopra <neha.chopra@pontusglobal.com> wrote:
>> Is it possible to have a table inside another table in PDF.
>
> Not using PDF::SimpleTable.
>
> -austin

then what can be another way of generating pdf in ruby and having a
table inside another table.

Austin Ziegler

On 10/4/07, Neha Chopra <neha.chopra@pontusglobal.com> wrote:
> Austin Ziegler wrote:
> > On 10/4/07, Neha Chopra <neha.chopra@pontusglobal.com> wrote:
> >> Is it possible to have a table inside another table in PDF.
> > Not using PDF::SimpleTable.
> then what can be another way of generating pdf in ruby and having a
> table inside another table.

Find a formatter that can do that. Tables aren't a basic feature of
PDFs. SimpleTable is a simplified way of looking at a table and
drawing it on the page.

(Layout in general isn't a basic feature of PDFs. PDF documents are
just canvases linked together. Any meaning is provided by the reader.)

-austin
--
Austin Ziegler * halostatue@gmail.com * http://www.halo...
* austin@halostatue.ca * http://www.halo...feed/
* austin@zieglers.ca

John Joyce

On Oct 4, 2007, at 6:29 AM, Neha Chopra wrote:

> Austin Ziegler wrote:
>> On 10/4/07, Neha Chopra <neha.chopra@pontusglobal.com> wrote:
>>> Is it possible to have a table inside another table in PDF.
>>
>> Not using PDF::SimpleTable.
>>
>> -austin
>
> then what can be another way of generating pdf in ruby and having a
> table inside another table.

You might consider scripting an app that is a page layout or design
app which can write pdf or print to pdf. You'll get more features.

Andrea Fazzi

Neha Chopra ha scritto:

> then what can be another way of generating pdf in ruby and having a
> table inside another table.

Please see:

* http://deplate.source...
* http://dokkit.ruby... (a new release will be soon available)

With the two applications above you can get a pdf from a tex file. The
tex file is generated from an emacs-wiki formatted source file.

Hope this help,
Andrea

Martin DeMello

On 10/4/07, John Joyce <dangerwillrobinsondanger@gmail.com> wrote:

> You might consider scripting an app that is a page layout or design
> app which can write pdf or print to pdf. You'll get more features.

I've had good results using ruby to generate lout
[http://lout.source...] and then scripting the lout -> ps ->
pdf toolchain with system calls.

martin