checkbox instead of dropdown

Remco Swoany

I am a RoR newby. The code below shows the categorie names, in a
dropdown from the categories table and that works fine. But now i want
to show the categories through checkboxen. How can i realise that??

<select name="recipe[categorie_id]">
<% @categories.each do |categorie| %>
<option value="<%= categorie.id %>"
<%= 'selected' if categorie.id == @recipe.categorie_id %>>
<%= categorie.name %>
</option>
<% end %>
</select>

Grtz..remco

John Joyce

On Oct 3, 2007, at 12:09 PM, Remco Swoany wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am a RoR newby. The code below shows the categorie names, in a
> dropdown from the categories table and that works fine. But now i want
> to show the categories through checkboxen. How can i realise that??
>

> <select name="recipe[categorie_id]">
> <% @categories.each do |categorie| %>
> <option value="<%= categorie.id %>"
> <%= 'selected' if categorie.id == @recipe.categorie_id %>>
> <%= categorie.name %>
> </option>
> <% end %>
> </select>
>
> Grtz..remco

For this kind of question you should really check the Rails list.

Jeremy Woertink

Remco Swoany wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am a RoR newby. The code below shows the categorie names, in a
> dropdown from the categories table and that works fine. But now i want
> to show the categories through checkboxen. How can i realise that??
>

> <select name="recipe[categorie_id]">
> <% @categories.each do |categorie| %>
> <option value="<%= categorie.id %>"
> <%= 'selected' if categorie.id == @recipe.categorie_id %>>
> <%= categorie.name %>
> </option>
> <% end %>
> </select>
>
> Grtz..remco

Check out the rails doc http://api.rubyon...

You would put the check_box inside an iteration. so..
<% @categories.each do |category| %>
<%= check_box(category, name) %>
<% end %>

~Jeremy