Re: gem_original_require no such file to load

Thomas Wieczorek

10/1/2007 10:36:00 AM

Hi!

2007/10/1, Andrea Maschio <andrea.maschio@gmail.com>:
<snip>

> Have you got any idea for this behaviour?

Yes, I think that the IDEs add your project path to the $LOAD_PATH
variable while the ruby interpreter(used by SciTe) and irb just add
"."(the current folder) to the load path. You can use the -I
<directory> parametre on the command line to add your project path to
$LOAD_PATH

2 Answers

mortee

Ja Mal

Andrea Maschio wrote:
> 2007/10/1, mortee <mortee.lists@kavemalna.hu>:
>>

>> As I've seen in a couple of examples, it seems to be a common practice
>> to use
>>
>> require File.dirname(__FILE__) + "/../relative/path"
>>
>> instead of
>>
>> require "../relative/path"
>

> Phew! That's exactly what i was searching for!
>
> Thank you very much.
>
> --
>
> Andrea Maschio

Hi,

I'm having exactly the same problem but on a Mac. I've tried the
solutions mentioned here, but gem_original_require keeps getting
flagged.

Any ideas?
Thanks