Advice For Ruby Beginners 1

Victor 'Zverok' Shepelev

9/28/2007 3:00:00 PM

????????? ???????? ? ????-?????? (????????????? ?? "????", ? ?? ????????????
???????), ?????? ?????? RubyLearning.com

http://rubylearning.com/blog/2007/09/27/advice-for-ruby-be...

???????, ???? ?? ?????????????? ????? ?????????? ???????? ????? ???????
?????? ?????????? ? ???, ??? ??? ? ????? ???. :)

?????? ????:
Agnieszka Figiel from Poland,
Fabio Akita from Brazil
Jamie van Dyke from UK
Jamis Buck from USA
Jens-Christian Fischer from Switzerland
Julian Tarkhanov from Russia / Netherlands
Manik Juneja from India
Matt Palmer from Australia
Mislav Marohnic from Croatia
Ola Bini from Sweden
Pedro Custodio from Portugal
Peter Cooper from UK
Sau Sheong Chang from Singapore

???.
14 Answers

Obveeus

"David" <dimlan17@yahoo.com> wrote:
>On May 10, 9:18 pm, "Ian J. Ball" <ijball-NO_S...@mac.invalid> wrote:
>> In article <4n4ro8ligbsd9aujiimh52dn30mi669...@4ax.com>,
>>
>> David <dimla...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> >http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/05/10/happy-endings-c......
>> > 182139/
>>
>> No surprise.
>
>Except it being a season short of syndication, so it'll probably come
>back somewhere.

Oh come on, HAPPY ENDINGS has even fewer episodes in the can than NIKITA.
How ridiculously small is a syndication package getting?

David

On May 10, 11:06 pm, "Obveeus" <Obve...@aol.com> wrote:
> "David" <dimla...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >On May 10, 9:18 pm, "Ian J. Ball" <ijball-NO_S...@mac.invalid> wrote:

> >> No surprise.
>
> >Except it being a season short of syndication, so it'll probably come
> >back somewhere.
>
> Oh come on, HAPPY ENDINGS has even fewer episodes in the can than NIKITA.
> How ridiculously small is a syndication package getting?

80 episodes is considered the standard. And it has almost as many
episodes as "Cougar Town" did at the time. "Nikita" has more.

Ian J. Ball

On May 10, 8:17 pm, David <dimla...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On May 10, 11:06 pm, "Obveeus" <Obve...@aol.com> wrote:

> > >Except it being a season short of syndication, so it'll probably come
> > >back somewhere.
>
> > Oh come on, HAPPY ENDINGS has even fewer episodes in the can than NIKITA.
> > How ridiculously small is a syndication package getting?
>
> 80 episodes is considered the standard. And it has almost as many
> episodes as "Cougar Town" did at the time. "Nikita" has more.

It needs 23 to get to 80 - that's a pretty big season for cable.

Obveeus

"David" <dimlan17@yahoo.com> wrote:
>On May 10, 11:06 pm, "Obveeus" <Obve...@aol.com> wrote:

>> >Except it being a season short of syndication, so it'll probably come
>> >back somewhere.
>>
>> Oh come on, HAPPY ENDINGS has even fewer episodes in the can than NIKITA.
>> How ridiculously small is a syndication package getting?
>
>80 episodes is considered the standard. And it has almost as many
>episodes as "Cougar Town" did at the time.

Which means that it is two seasons away from synication levels if it jumps
to cable.

> "Nikita" has more.

....and I still don't see CW dragging another 13 episodes of 0.3demo ratings
show out to viewers as being a useful sacrifice for the network to have to
make.

Ian J. Ball

On May 10, 8:22 pm, "Obveeus" <Obve...@aol.com> wrote:
> "David" <dimla...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> >> Oh come on, HAPPY ENDINGS has even fewer episodes in the can than NIKITA.
> >> How ridiculously small is a syndication package getting?
>
> >80 episodes is considered the standard. And it has almost as many
> >episodes as "Cougar Town" did at the time.
>
> Which means that it is two seasons away from synication levels if it jumps
> to cable.
>
> >  "Nikita" has more.
>
> ...and I still don't see CW dragging another 13 episodes of 0.3demo ratings
> show out to viewers as being a useful sacrifice for the network to have to
> make.

And, yet, it never seemed to bother you when they did the exact same
thing with "90210".

David

On May 10, 11:19 pm, "Ian J. Ball" <ijb...@mac.com> wrote:
> On May 10, 8:17 pm, David <dimla...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > On May 10, 11:06 pm, "Obveeus" <Obve...@aol.com> wrote:

> > > Oh come on, HAPPY ENDINGS has even fewer episodes in the can than NIKITA.
> > > How ridiculously small is a syndication package getting?
>
> > 80 episodes is considered the standard. And it has almost as many
> > episodes as "Cougar Town" did at the time. "Nikita" has more.
>
> It needs 23 to get to 80 - that's a pretty big season for cable.

If a studio is motivated it keep a show going forever.

David

On May 10, 11:32 pm, David <dimla...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On May 10, 11:19 pm, "Ian J. Ball" <ijb...@mac.com> wrote:

> > > 80 episodes is considered the standard. And it has almost as many
> > > episodes as "Cougar Town" did at the time. "Nikita" has more.
>
> > It needs 23 to get to 80 - that's a pretty big season for cable.
>
> If a studio is motivated it keep a show going forever.

can keep

David

On Fri, 10 May 2013 23:22:54 -0400, "Obveeus" <Obveeus@aol.com> wrote:

>"David" <dimlan17@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>On May 10, 11:06 pm, "Obveeus" <Obve...@aol.com> wrote:

>>> Oh come on, HAPPY ENDINGS has even fewer episodes in the can than NIKITA.
>>> How ridiculously small is a syndication package getting?
>>
>>80 episodes is considered the standard. And it has almost as many
>>episodes as "Cougar Town" did at the time.
>
>Which means that it is two seasons away from synication levels if it jumps
>to cable.

If a cable channel picks it up it'll likely also agree to acquire all
seasons, effectively giving it regular syndication already.

>> "Nikita" has more.
>
>...and I still don't see CW dragging another 13 episodes of 0.3demo ratings
>show out to viewers as being a useful sacrifice for the network to have to
>make.

Isn't that what they just did? And they've renewed other shows that
aren't doing much better and are nowhere near syndication. CW isn't so
much looking at TV ratings.

Obveeus

"Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.com> wrote:

On May 10, 8:22 pm, "Obveeus" <Obve...@aol.com> wrote:

>NIKITA:
>> ...and I still don't see CW dragging another 13 episodes of 0.3demo
>> ratings
>> show out to viewers as being a useful sacrifice for the network to have
>> make.
>
>And, yet, it never seemed to bother you when they did the exact same
>thing with "90210".

90210 always had lousy ratings unworthy of airing. The thing that kept it
going was international syndication value...same thing that allowed GOSSIP
GIRL to get more mileage than it deserved. Meanwhile, CW has had the burden
of having to air these losers.

Obveeus

"David" <dimlan17@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 10 May 2013 23:22:54 -0400, "Obveeus" <Obveeus@aol.com> wrote:
>>
>>...and I still don't see CW dragging another 13 episodes of 0.3demo
>>ratings
>>show out to viewers as being a useful sacrifice for the network to have to
>>make.
>
> Isn't that what they just did?

That is still unknown as the length of the renewal for NIKITA has not been
announced. Either way, though (6 episodes or 13), it is not useful for CW
to have to suffer the low ratings of this series.