rubyscript2exe > Invalid char `\220' in expression (RC=256) ?

Rebhan, Gilbert

i want to create an executable of the following
simple ruby snippet =

time=Time.now.strftime('%d.%m.%Y')
exec("c:/Programme/Internet Explorer/IEXPLORE.EXE
http://scmcs/deploy/ControllerServlet?startsuchdatum=#{time}&endesuchdat
um=#{time}&jobsuchen=Jobsuche+starten&command=getjobuebersichtzeitraum")

works fine, but when i try to create the executable i get =
c:\ruby_tools\rubyscript2exe>ruby rubyscript2exe.rb jobsuche.rb
Tracing jobsuche ...
jobsuche.rb:1: Invalid char `\220' in expression

I also tried with allinoneruby, got the same error =
Invalid char `\220' in expression

Any ideas what went wrong and how to get my executable ?

Regards,Gilbert

2 Answers

Damjan Rems

Rebhan, Gilbert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i want to create an executable of the following
> simple ruby snippet =
>

> time=Time.now.strftime('%d.%m.%Y')
> exec("c:/Programme/Internet Explorer/IEXPLORE.EXE
> http://scmcs/deploy/ControllerServlet?startsuchdatum=#{time}&endesuchdat
> um=#{time}&jobsuchen=Jobsuche+starten&command=getjobuebersichtzeitraum")
>

> works fine, but when i try to create the executable i get =
> c:\ruby_tools\rubyscript2exe>ruby rubyscript2exe.rb jobsuche.rb
> Tracing jobsuche ...
> jobsuche.rb:1: Invalid char `\220' in expression
>
> I also tried with allinoneruby, got the same error =
> Invalid char `\220' in expression
>
> Any ideas what went wrong and how to get my executable ?
>
> Regards,Gilbert

I haven't work with with ruby2script (yet), but it looks like you have
an UTF-8 character where not expected.

by
TheR

Rebhan, Gilbert

> works fine, but when i try to create the executable i get =
> c:\ruby_tools\rubyscript2exe>ruby rubyscript2exe.rb jobsuche.rb
> Tracing jobsuche ...
> jobsuche.rb:1: Invalid char `\220' in expression
>
> I also tried with allinoneruby, got the same error =
> Invalid char `\220' in expression
>
> Any ideas what went wrong and how to get my executable ?
>
> Regards,Gilbert

I haven't work with with ruby2script (yet), but it looks like you have
an UTF-8 character where not expected.
*/

Hm, i didn't find such character(s), but it works now with =

require 'win32ole'

ie = WIN32OLE.new('InternetExplorer.Application')
ie.visible = true
ie.navigate("http://scmcs/deploy/ControllerServlet?startsuchdatum=#{time
}&endesuchdatum=#{time}&jobsuchen=Jobsuche+starten&command=getjobuebersi
chtzeitraum")

and rubyscript2exe

Regards, Gilbert