I need some help building ruby 1.8.6 with mingw

Ochronus

9/27/2007 7:54:00 PM

Hi all,

I'm building the most recent ruby 1.8.6 stable snapshot (build level
5000) with mingw32. Everything's fine, it builds without an error, but
the socket extension is not built. Not even if I manually add the
right switch to ./configure.
Upon checking the log in the ext/sock folder, I found that it somehow
does not find windows.h and winsock.h, though
those are both in the include path. If I try to compile a simple c
program wich includes <winsock.h>, it builds fine.
What could be the problem?

Thank you in advance,
Ochronus,
A fellow rubyist :)

1 Answer

Ochronus

On szept. 27, 21:53, "ochro...@gmail.com" <ochro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm building the most recent ruby 1.8.6 stable snapshot (build level
> 5000) with mingw32. Everything's fine, it builds without an error, but
> the socket extension is not built. Not even if I manually add the
> right switch to ./configure.
> Upon checking the log in the ext/sock folder, I found that it somehow
> does not find windows.h and winsock.h, though
> those are both in the include path. If I try to compile a simple c
> program wich includes <winsock.h>, it builds fine.
> What could be the problem?
>
> Thank you in advance,
> Ochronus,
> A fellow rubyist :)

Solved :)

It seems I had a nonstandard mingw installation, now, after
reinstalling and fixing some minor annoyances, it works like a charm.