RFacebook

Suja Suchu

I want to integrate my application with facebook.
To this i follow, the steps in
"http://wiki.developers.facebook.com/index.php/Ruby_on_R...

But when i use this sample application
- it goes to login page
- after login it return to 'callback URL'

i can't get "Add Cobbu to your Facebook account?" page

Anyone help for this?

thanks in advance,
Suja

Kerryn Offord

On 5/2/2011 4:38 PM, ADR wrote:
> On May 1, 9:14 pm, Kerryn Offord<ka...@uclive.ac.nz> wrote:
>
>>> (a) Hamas achieved power by legitimate elections. It was Israel that
>>> did not allow Hamas to take control of the Palestinian authority.
>>> This is the fact
>>
>> Hamas took control of Gaza. As Hamas has as a declared objective the
>> destruction of Israel. It's hardly surprising they don't recognize them
>
> Again, none of your assertions are true. Yes, Hamas took control of
> Gaza, but it should have had control of all the Palestinians areas
> since it won the election. When it won the election, the Hamas
> leadership send an official letter that it would accept a two-state
> solution, a clear demonstration of the recognition of the state of
> Israel. This is a matter of record, you can check this out. Even
> after Hamas took control of the Gaza strip, it notified Israel that it
> would not engage in any hostile activities if Israel did the same, but
> Israel did not accept. This is a matter of record, too!

You got a cite for that?

>> hamas has failed to hold the elections that are due...
>
> As you know, Hamas and Fatah are negotiating on the electoral
> procedures that the Palestinian authority changed in 2008. Fatah and
> Hamas have reached an agreement in principle but the US now is
> threatening to cut off aid if these factions sign an agreement
>
>>> (b) The killings of an illegal attack on ships in international waters
>>> in defense of an illegal and internationally condemned blockade
>>> constitute a violent act of piracy and this is how they were perceived
>>> by all governments in the world that issued notes of protest
>>
>> Under international law the blockade is legal
>
> What international law is this???? It is illegal for Israel to
> blockade Gaza under the Geneva accords as you well know.

No I don't.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007%E2%80%93present_blockade_of_the_Gaza_Strip#Legal...

Different people have claimed it is illegal..

But that is not the same thing as being illegal.

the main challenge to legality is "is whether the measures used by
Israel and Egypt sufficiently distinguish between civilian and military. "

But as they allow the cargoes to be delivered after being inspected....

> Just show me
> the UN resolution that authorized this blockade. Of course, you well
> know that the UN (and virtually all countries in the world) recognize
> that the blockade is illegal under the Geneva accords that forbid
> collective punishment.

The thing you are missing is.. There is no need for teh UN to authorize
a blockade.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2010/06/02/us-israel-flotilla-gaza-idUSTRE6513...
Under some of the key rules, a blockade must be declared and notified to
all belligerents and neutral states, access to neutral ports cannot be
blocked, and an area can only be blockaded which is under enemy control.

And well.. Hamas is definitely an enemy...

Under the law of a blockade, intercepting a vessel could apply globally
so long as a ship is bound for a "belligerent" territory, legal experts say.

> There was nothing legal about the blockade. And "enforncing" in
> international waters without UN resolution is an act of piracy.

OPPONENTS HAVE CALLED ISRAEL'S RAID "PIRACY." WAS IT?

No, as under international law it was considered a state action.

"Whether what Israel did is right or wrong, it is not an act of piracy.
Piracy deals with private conduct particularly with a pecuniary or
financial interest," Kraska said.

You lose on all counts. Bye

ADR

On May 2, 12:22 am, Kerryn Offord <ka...@uclive.ac.nz> wrote:

> [...]
>
> http://www.reuters.com/article/2010/06/02/us-israel-flotill......
> Under some of the key rules, a blockade must be declared and notified to
> all belligerents and neutral states, access to neutral ports cannot be
> blocked, and an area can only be blockaded which is under enemy control.
>
> And well.. Hamas is definitely an enemy...
>
> Under the law of a blockade, intercepting a vessel could apply globally
> so long as a ship is bound for a "belligerent" territory, legal experts say.
>

> > There was nothing legal about the blockade.  And "enforncing" in
> > international waters without UN resolution is an act of piracy.
>
> OPPONENTS HAVE CALLED ISRAEL'S RAID "PIRACY." WAS IT?
>
> No, as under international law it was considered a state action.
>
> "Whether what Israel did is right or wrong, it is not an act of piracy.
> Piracy deals with private conduct particularly with a pecuniary or

I am amazed by the amount of total delusion here.

First of all, Hamas is not a sovereign entity, or is it? Has Israel
granted independence to Gaza and I have not heard about it? I think
not. Hamas is an internal element in Israel and it is not an enemy.
In fact, it was not the "enemy" until it won the PA elections of
2006!!

The legal authority of the UN has made a clear determination that the
so-called blockade is illegal on the basis that it violates the Geneva
accords by inflicting a collective punishment on an occupied
population. It does not matter if Israel has withdrawn its forces
from Gaza. The inhabitants of Gaza are in the same condition as the
inmates of the prison after the guards have vacated the cell area
(usually at night). The fact that the guards are not present in the
cell blocks does not make the inmates free, does it?

If Israel has a problem with weapons reaching the militants of Hamas
(and this I would understand), it can post custom agents at the port
of Gaza and inspect all cargo arriving there, as diligently as it
would like. But Israel ***does not want to do this***. Israel does
not want food, medication and fuel to reach Hamas directly. It wants
to divert all these to its own warehouses to dispense it to the Gaza
prisoners at its own discretion. ****This is illegal****. Most
reasonable Israelis object to this policy.

So, if one does not want weapons and explosives to reach Hamas, one
can post lots of agents in the port and airport of Gaza and inspect
all goods. Anything else is just poor justification of a brutal
policy and you should have brains enough not to accept it (as most
intelligent Israelis actually do not). Hamas is not the enemy of
Israel. It is already on the record supporting a two-state solution.
It is only the enemy of the settlers and other right-wing Israelis
(such as the current PM, Bibi Netanahu, who is on record for wanting
to expel the whole Palestinian population) that cannot accept the
notion of withdrawing to the pre-1967 border. Are you one of them?
Let's have all the cards open.

Catawumpus

ADR <aretzios@yahoo.com>:

> Hamas is not the enemy of Israel.

Hamas leader Khaled Meshal, quoted in the same article you
linked to:

"There is only one enemy in the region, and that is Israel.?

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/05/world/middleeast/05mesh...

You say Hamas isn't Israel's enemy, Hamas says that it is.

-- Catawumpus

Catawumpus

ADR <aretzios@yahoo.com>:

> It does not matter if Israel has withdrawn its forces from Gaza.

Matters considerably to your many-times-repeated assertion
Israel is "the occupying power of Gaza." Check with the
Department of State, you said. I checked. It said that Israel
withdrew years ago.

On August 15, 2005, Israel began implementing its
disengagement from the Gaza Strip, and the Israeli
Defense Forces completed their withdrawal, including
the dismantling of 17 settlements, on September 12.

http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/bg...

The opposite of what you claimed. You simply invented the
facts you wanted to believe -- something you've done
repeatedly -- and then skittered off when your chosen authority
contradicted you.

> If Israel has a problem with weapons reaching the militants of Hamas
> (and this I would understand), it can post custom agents at the port
> of Gaza and inspect all cargo arriving there, as diligently as it
> would like.

Definitely. Arms smugglers are honorable people who would
never avoid a customs check.

> Hamas is not the enemy of
> Israel. It is already on the record supporting a two-state solution.

So it is -- But Hamas is also on-record refusing to revoke
its demand for the destruction of Israel. Not a very
friendly position to take. Precisely what you'd expect from an
enemy, though.

-- Catawumpus