Re: Refactorings again: idea for library

Victor 'Zverok' Shepelev

9/26/2007 2:42:00 PM

From: Trans [mailto:transfire@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2007 5:34 PM

>On Sep 26, 6:42 am, "Victor \"Zverok\" Shepelev"
><vshepe...@imho.com.ua> wrote:
>> Hi all.
>>
>> Here's an idea stolen from [1] and [2].
>>
>> Suppose we have a library. Suppose we've done some refactorings in it
>> (method or class renamed, class splitted into several, or joined, or...)
>>
>> The task: change all client code in correspondence to library change.
>>
>> The trick:
>>
>> library/changelog.rb
>> ---
>> module MyLibrary::Changelog
>> version(0.2.5) do
>> method_renamed [SomeClass, :method_a] => :method_b
>> method_removed [SomeClass, :old_method], "he was too old"
>> module_method_moved [SomeModule, :method_c] => OtherModule
>> class_renamed ClassA => ClassB
>> end
>> end
>> ---
>>

>> Wha?
>
>It a very interesting idea. But I fear it would too hard to maintain
>for anything but the smallest lib/app. I think it's better to just to
>have intermediary versions that add warnings to methods that are going
>away soon (if possible).

Hmmm..

1. I think, many library authors already put this information to changelogs
in human-readable form (like "Warning! API changed: blah"). I just propose
to do such messages auto-checkable.

2. I've envisioned (but forget to show) the case you saying about:

module MyLibrary::Changelog
version(0.2.5) do
method_deprecated [SomeClass, :method_a], "Will remove this ASAP"

just one more usage of the idea :)

V.

2 Answers

The Revd

On Mon, 31 Oct 2011 13:32:21 -0700 (PDT), Michael Ejercito
<mejercit@hotmail.com> wrote:

>On Oct 31, 10:50?am, The Revd <peel...@degenerate.Grik> wrote:
>> On Mon, 31 Oct 2011 10:23:26 -0700 (PDT), Michael Ejercito
>>

>> <mejer...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>> > ? You are a nithing- homo sapiens by birth, subhuman BY CHOICE. The
>> >key word is CHOICE. You were born with the same human nature as the
>> >rest of us. Your CHOICES made you a nithing.
>>
>> You are a gook - subhuman by birth. ?You have no choices. ?The key
>> word is GOOK.
> The following link explains you.

Sucking jew rectums explains YOU.

Sid9

"The Revd" <peeling@degenerate.Grik> wrote in message
> On Mon, 31 Oct 2011 15:48:59 -0400, "Sid9" <sid9@ bellsouth.net>
> wrote:
>

>>"The Revd" <peeling@degenerate.Grik> wrote in message

>>> Yes, completely harmless, and no justification for semitic hysteria.
>>> Try it and get back to us.
>>
>>Do you have a clue as to what 122 mm is?
>>
>>That's almost 5 inches in diameter, you ignorant asshole
>
> Do you have a clue as to what a jew rectum is?
>
> You're sucking one, you ignorant cunt.

Funny, at first I thought you were simply stupid.