What is the WxRuby equivalent to Grid in Tk

Jayson Williams

9/25/2007 5:49:00 PM

Hi All,
What is the equivalent to Grid in Tk, for WxRuby? I see in the
documentation references to Sizers, but I cant quite figure out how to
use them, or if this is what I should be using.

Thanks
Jayson

1 Answer

Alex Fenton

Jayson Williams wrote:

> What is the equivalent to Grid in Tk, for WxRuby? I see in the
> documentation references to Sizers, but I cant quite figure out how to
> use them, or if this is what I should be using.

I don't know what Grid does in Tk, but there are two possibilities:

There is Wx::Grid, which is a fancy spreadsheet-like widget for editing
cells

There are various flavours of Wx::Sizer, which are for creating layouts
which resize in response to Frames being resized. There's a GridSizer
and FlexiGridSizer in there.

There are tutorials for both these on the Wiki:
http://wxruby.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.pl?WxRub...

And if you look in your wxruby "samples" directory (in your lib/gems
tree), there's also samples of the use of both (look in samples/bigdemo/
for examples of Sizer use).

The wxruby-users list is a good place to get advice on this sort of q:
http://rubyforge.org/mail/?g...

hth
alex