active directory

Martin DeMello

9/24/2007 7:06:00 PM

Is there any ruby library that will let me authenticate against an
active directory server from a linux machine? I looked through the AD
gems but the documentation assumed that I knew what I was doing
already, and *seemed* to imply that I needed to be running this from a
windows box sitting in a windows domain.

I don't need to run queries or anything like that - simply
authenticate a user and get a yes/no answer.

martin

3 Answers

Martin DeMello

On 9/24/07, Francis Cianfrocca <garbagecat10@gmail.com> wrote:

> Do you want to do an LDAP bind-authentication from Linux with a username and
> password? If so, look at Net::LDAP. If you're trying to do a Kerberos-style
> authentication, there are several NTLM gems you can look at.

The former. Will check out Net::LDAP - is there anything different I
have to do, or do I simply treat AD as just another LDAP server?

martin

Martin DeMello

On 9/24/07, Francis Cianfrocca <garbagecat10@gmail.com> wrote:

> You can treat AD as any LDAP server. Look at the Net::LDAP#bind and #bind_as
> methods.

thanks.

martin

Martin DeMello

On 9/26/07, Arlen Christian Mart Cuss <celtic@sairyx.org> wrote:

> class LDAPAuth

Thanks a lot, Arlen, this looks extremely helpful!

martin