Re: Calling Exec() in Windows versus UNIX

Doan, Alex

9/24/2007 6:28:00 PM

> However, moving it over to Windows and trying to run:
> exec("charting\RequestByProject.jar",params[:name]')

You're escaping the 'R' in the above command.

You can leave it exec("charting/RequestByProject.jar",params[:name]')
and it would still work on window.

1 Answer

Matthew Williams

Doan, Alex wrote:
>> However, moving it over to Windows and trying to run:
>> exec("charting\RequestByProject.jar",params[:name]')
>
> You're escaping the 'R' in the above command.
>
> You can leave it exec("charting/RequestByProject.jar",params[:name]')
> and it would still work on window.

I initially left it like that but when it wasn't working thought I had
to flip the / but it still didn't work. Then put the jar in the root of
my app and tried running it but still nothing. But I can still go to
the command line and run it with no problems.

If I only didn't need to run this in Windows... :)

I'm also trying "java -jar charting/RequestByProject.jar" but exec()
doesn't seem to like the spaces, any idea how I could execute it that
way?

Thanks