Re: Django code sprint

Yukihiro Matsumoto

In message "Re: Django code sprint"
on Sun, 23 Sep 2007 02:00:05 +0900, Bil Kleb <Bil.Kleb@NASA.gov> writes:

|Have we ever had such large organized Code Fests in the Ruby
|or Rails communities?
|
|Should we?

We should. I really love to see the code fest for Ruby. What do we
need to organize developers scattered among timezones? IRC? Skype?

matz.

5 Answers

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In message "Re: Django code sprint"
> on Sun, 23 Sep 2007 02:00:05 +0900, Bil Kleb <Bil.Kleb@NASA.gov> writes:
>
> |Have we ever had such large organized Code Fests in the Ruby
> |or Rails communities?
> |
> |Should we?
>
> We should. I really love to see the code fest for Ruby. What do we
> need to organize developers scattered among timezones? IRC? Skype?

Either plus caffeine. :)

Alex Young

Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In message "Re: Django code sprint"
> on Sun, 23 Sep 2007 02:00:05 +0900, Bil Kleb <Bil.Kleb@NASA.gov> writes:
>
> |Have we ever had such large organized Code Fests in the Ruby
> |or Rails communities?
> |
> |Should we?
>
> We should. I really love to see the code fest for Ruby. What do we
> need to organize developers scattered among timezones? IRC? Skype?
I'm sure I heard of a Rubinius sprint being organised recently...
perhaps they have some tips?

--
Alex

David A. Black

David A. Black

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

David A. Black wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Sep 2007, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
>
>> Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> In message "Re: Django code sprint"
>>> on Sun, 23 Sep 2007 02:00:05 +0900, Bil Kleb <Bil.Kleb@NASA.gov>

>>> We should. I really love to see the code fest for Ruby. What do we
>>> need to organize developers scattered among timezones? IRC? Skype?
>>
>> Either plus caffeine. :)
>
> Whoops, I stole your joke. 'Twas unintentional. I'm jet-lagged. /me
> reaches for the coffee....
>

> David

Paul Erdos: "A mathematician is a machine for turning coffee into theorems."