watir to access combobox

sean_n

lrlebron@gmail.com

On Sep 21, 7:18 pm, Sean Nakasone <seannakas...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I'm new to watir and IE Developer Toolbar so please bear with me.
>
> I have a combobox in a website that i want to set. The 'Select Element by
> Click' feature in IE Developer Toolbar doesn't work on this combobox.
> Does that mean that I can't set the combobox?
>
> If I can set it, how? would appreciate code snippets.

If you know the name of the select list you can try this

ie.select_list(:name, 'name').select_value('value')

Luis

lrlebron@gmail.com

On Sep 21, 7:18 pm, Sean Nakasone <seannakas...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I'm new to watir and IE Developer Toolbar so please bear with me.
>
> I have a combobox in a website that i want to set. The 'Select Element by
> Click' feature in IE Developer Toolbar doesn't work on this combobox.
> Does that mean that I can't set the combobox?
>
> If I can set it, how? would appreciate code snippets.

If you know the name of the select list you can try this

ie.select_list(:name, 'name').select_value('value')

Luis

Anim8rFSK

In article <cvsio850lj9bvp3gh3rgngn5ldj19db7uj@4ax.com>,
Jim G. <jimgysin@geemail.com.invalid> wrote:

> anim8rFSK sent the following on Mon, 06 May 2013 18:16:17 -0700:
> > In article <hlcgo89l91hkutqu7cuvhjvcaggrj21j6c@4ax.com>,
> > Jim G. <jimgysin@geemail.com.invalid> wrote:
> >
> > > anim8rFSK sent the following on Mon, 06 May 2013 14:41:23 -0700:

> > > So your first mistake was in thinking that Syfy would be a good option,
> > > even at 3 in the morning...
> >
> > I was looking for something that wasn't an infomercial ...
>
> Good luck with that. Whenever I'm unable to sleep, I go right to
> something prerecorded.

> > > Not the Duke's best, but that still leaves plenty of room for it to be
> > > light-years better than DEFIANCE. You should be very grateful for the
> > > audio problems that you were having.
> >
> > I love HATARI!
>
> I liked it, but I didn't think it was one of his best.

What do you think are his best?

--
"Every time a Kardashian gets a TV show, an angel dies."

Jim G.

anim8rFSK sent the following on 5/9/2013 10:49 PM:
> In article <cvsio850lj9bvp3gh3rgngn5ldj19db7uj@4ax.com>,
> Jim G. <jimgysin@geemail.com.invalid> wrote:
>
>> anim8rFSK sent the following on Mon, 06 May 2013 18:16:17 -0700:

>>> I love HATARI!
>>
>> I liked it, but I didn't think it was one of his best.
>
> What do you think are his best?

Well, it's hard to separate the ones that I like for his personal
performance from the ones that I like for the entire package, starting
with the story. But to answer your question, the bookends, for sure:
STAGECOACH and THE SHOOTIST. THE SEARCHERS, for sure, which might be the
first one I think of when I think of Wayne before I think of the entire
production. Of his Hawks films, I like RIO BRAVO the best, although I'm
not big on Disney-ish westerns. And, as I said, I like HATARI!, but just
not as much. As for his non-westerns, I've always liked THE GREEN
BERETS, and not because I think that it's one of his better individual
performances. So it's all kind of a blend when you ask me that question.

"Can you and your stupid hair let us in?" -- Carlton Lassiter, PSYCH

Bill Steele

In article <kmrg0n$dbl$1@dont-email.me>,
"Jim G." <jimgysin@geemail.com.invalid> wrote:

> anim8rFSK sent the following on 5/9/2013 10:49 PM:
> > In article <cvsio850lj9bvp3gh3rgngn5ldj19db7uj@4ax.com>,
> > Jim G. <jimgysin@geemail.com.invalid> wrote:
> >
> >> anim8rFSK sent the following on Mon, 06 May 2013 18:16:17 -0700:

> >> I liked it, but I didn't think it was one of his best.
> >
> > What do you think are his best?
>
> Well, it's hard to separate the ones that I like for his personal
> performance from the ones that I like for the entire package, starting
> with the story. But to answer your question, the bookends, for sure:
> STAGECOACH and THE SHOOTIST. THE SEARCHERS, for sure, which might be the
> first one I think of when I think of Wayne before I think of the entire
> production. Of his Hawks films, I like RIO BRAVO the best, although I'm
> not big on Disney-ish westerns. And, as I said, I like HATARI!, but just
> not as much. As for his non-westerns, I've always liked THE GREEN
> BERETS, and not because I think that it's one of his better individual
> performances. So it's all kind of a blend when you ask me that question.

I'll put in a vote for The Quiet Man. And let's not forget the early
B-Westerns, when he was still a stuntman.

Jim G.

Bill Steele sent the following on 5/14/2013 2:01 PM:
> In article <kmrg0n$dbl$1@dont-email.me>,
> "Jim G." <jimgysin@geemail.com.invalid> wrote:
>
>> anim8rFSK sent the following on 5/9/2013 10:49 PM:

>>> What do you think are his best?
>>
>> Well, it's hard to separate the ones that I like for his personal
>> performance from the ones that I like for the entire package, starting
>> with the story. But to answer your question, the bookends, for sure:
>> STAGECOACH and THE SHOOTIST. THE SEARCHERS, for sure, which might be the
>> first one I think of when I think of Wayne before I think of the entire
>> production. Of his Hawks films, I like RIO BRAVO the best, although I'm
>> not big on Disney-ish westerns. And, as I said, I like HATARI!, but just
>> not as much. As for his non-westerns, I've always liked THE GREEN
>> BERETS, and not because I think that it's one of his better individual
>> performances. So it's all kind of a blend when you ask me that question.
>
> I'll put in a vote for The Quiet Man.

A good addition, and therein lies the problem. There are *so* many good
ones to consider that almost *any* list is going to seem incomplete.

> And let's not forget the early
> B-Westerns, when he was still a stuntman.

I was looking at it from STAGECOACH forward.

"Can you and your stupid hair let us in?" -- Carlton Lassiter, PSYCH

Professor Bubba

In article <kn0lrq$e6c$8@dont-email.me>, Jim G.
<jimgysin@geemail.com.invalid> wrote:

> Bill Steele sent the following on 5/14/2013 2:01 PM:
> > In article <kmrg0n$dbl$1@dont-email.me>,
> > "Jim G." <jimgysin@geemail.com.invalid> wrote:
> >
> >> anim8rFSK sent the following on 5/9/2013 10:49 PM:

> >> Well, it's hard to separate the ones that I like for his personal
> >> performance from the ones that I like for the entire package, starting
> >> with the story. But to answer your question, the bookends, for sure:
> >> STAGECOACH and THE SHOOTIST. THE SEARCHERS, for sure, which might be the
> >> first one I think of when I think of Wayne before I think of the entire
> >> production. Of his Hawks films, I like RIO BRAVO the best, although I'm
> >> not big on Disney-ish westerns. And, as I said, I like HATARI!, but just
> >> not as much. As for his non-westerns, I've always liked THE GREEN
> >> BERETS, and not because I think that it's one of his better individual
> >> performances. So it's all kind of a blend when you ask me that question.
> >
> > I'll put in a vote for The Quiet Man.
>
> A good addition, and therein lies the problem. There are *so* many good
> ones to consider that almost *any* list is going to seem incomplete.
>
> > And let's not forget the early
> > B-Westerns, when he was still a stuntman.
>
> I was looking at it from STAGECOACH forward.

I really liked Wayne in THE HORSE SOLDIERS.

Michael Black

MDuPree

_The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance_

Dano

"Micky DuPree" wrote in message news:knike6$u80$1@pcls6.std.com...

_The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance_

Love that film. But John Wayne just played The Duke. Jimmy Stewart carried
the day in that one. Terrific role IMO. Woody Strode did far better acting
than Wayne in this one. In fact...he was a better actor than John Wayne in
general.