Re: uninstalling the mac tiger version of ruby

John Joyce

9/21/2007 4:26:00 AM

Luckily you don't have many places to alter the shebangs.
2 or 3 as I recall, in a normal Rails app.
I know I always have to change them for DreamHost servers.
It's not much to do unless you're building something to be re-used in
more than one deployment.
Even then, just put a not the the app docs. It's one of those things
that is probably best manually checked.
You could write a Rake task though, to switch them to whatever
shebangs you want.
Rake is ideally suited for this since it is well integrated to the
Rails development process.