Re: Couple of questions about TCPServer.new and TCPSocket.new

Jovino

9/20/2007 6:46:00 PM

Hello Victor:

I think you don't have well the sequence, in your code:

Server : Client
Write ---> Send
Gets ---> Recv
Write ---> Recv

You must do:

Server : Client
Write ---> Recv
Gets ---> Puts
Write ---> Recv

Take on account too, if you use Write you must use Recv in the another side.
If use Puts you needs to use Gets.

This code works on my pc:

---Server---

require 'socket'

port = 50

server = TCPServer.new("", port)

while (session = server.accept)
session.write("Communication Established!!!")
input = session.gets
system("#{input}")
session.write("Request Received From Client:#{input}")
session.close
end

---Client---

require 'socket'

streamSock = TCPSocket.new( '127.0.0.1', 50 )

str = streamSock.recv( 100 )
print str
puts "\n"
streamSock.puts("dir\n")
str = streamSock.recv( 100 )
print str
puts "\n"

streamSock.close

I need to change the port, I think this is for use with UDP on windows, but
I'm not sure.

Regards,

Jovino Rguez

P.D.: Eres hispano-parlante?