using the newest Ruby after installing Locomotive

SpringFlowers AutumnMoon

9/20/2007 4:40:00 PM

after installing Locomotive on Mac, both the shell (Terminal) and
TextMate still would run with the Ruby 1.8.2 that shipped with the Mac.

I wonder how it would be to make the shell and Textmate work with 1.8.6
that came with Locomotive?

James Gray

On Sep 20, 2007, at 11:40 AM, SpringFlowers AutumnMoon wrote:

> after installing Locomotive on Mac, both the shell (Terminal) and
> TextMate still would run with the Ruby 1.8.2 that shipped with the
> Mac.
>
> I wonder how it would be to make the shell and Textmate work with
> 1.8.6
> that came with Locomotive?

For the shell, you will need to set your PATH environment variable
correctly. On Mac OS X this is typically done in ~/.profile.

For TextMate read the "Important" paragraph on this page:

http://macromates.com/textmate/manual/shell_commands#s...

James Edward Gray II