[ANN] Monkeybars 0.4 - GUI apps for Ruby

David Koontz

9/20/2007 7:08:00 AM

Monkeybars 0.4 is out. http://monkeybars.rub... This is the
first real public release of the library but it is relatively
stable. Monkeybars is a library for building Swing applications via
JRuby with an emphasis on allowing you to use graphical editor and to
keep your code in an easily testable state.

David Koontz

1 Answer

Charles Oliver Nutter

David Koontz wrote:
> Monkeybars 0.4 is out. http://monkeybars.rub... This is the
> first real public release of the library but it is relatively stable.
> Monkeybars is a library for building Swing applications via JRuby with
> an emphasis on allowing you to use graphical editor and to keep your
> code in an easily testable state.

Wow, cool. At a glance it looks like "yet another Swing library" for
JRuby, but you seem to have actually put in some MVC (or at least VC)
smarts to allow offloading the component model to external tools.

We'll probably include your approach in our JAOO talk, since it's a good
view into "another way" to think about JRuby + Swing.

- Charlie