Re: Racial Comments in the Following Post

Jeremy Woertink

9/20/2007 12:34:00 AM

Ruby Newbie wrote:
> Such Racial comments in the forum should not be allowed
>

> http://www.ruby-...topic/125...

I didn't see any racial comments either, but when I seen "Funkonacci" I
didn't really read it but glanced quickly thinking it said something
close to something bad, but that was about it.

Sebastian Hungerecker

Jeremy Woertink wrote:
> Ruby Newbie wrote:
> > Such Racial comments in the forum should not be allowed
> >

> > http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/125...
>
> I didn't see any racial comments either

I think he's talking about "or mayby peaople in US are just that stupid",
which technically is a comment about nationality and not race, but that
would be splitting hairs, I guess.

--
Jabber: sepp2k@jabber.org
ICQ: 205544826

John Joyce

On Sep 20, 2007, at 1:52 AM, Sebastian Hungerecker wrote:

> Jeremy Woertink wrote:
>> Ruby Newbie wrote:
>>> Such Racial comments in the forum should not be allowed
>>>

>>> http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/125...
>>
>> I didn't see any racial comments either
>
> I think he's talking about "or mayby peaople in US are just that
> stupid",
> which technically is a comment about nationality and not race, but
> that
> would be splitting hairs, I guess.
>

> --
> Jabber: sepp2k@jabber.org
> ICQ: 205544826

I'm from there. It's true.

Chad Perrin

On Fri, Sep 21, 2007 at 06:47:22AM +0900, John Joyce wrote:

> On Sep 20, 2007, at 1:52 AM, Sebastian Hungerecker wrote:
>
> >Jeremy Woertink wrote:

> >>I didn't see any racial comments either
> >
> >I think he's talking about "or mayby peaople in US are just that
> >stupid",
> >which technically is a comment about nationality and not race, but
> >that
> >would be splitting hairs, I guess.
> >
> I'm from there. It's true.

Me too. I've also been to a number of other countries, including living
in Europe for several years.

People in *every* country are "just that stupid". USians just tend to be
louder about it than some.

--
CCD CopyWrite Chad Perrin [ http://ccd.ap... ]
Isaac Asimov: "Part of the inhumanity of the computer is that, once it is

James Britt

Chad Perrin wrote:

> Me too. I've also been to a number of other countries, including living
> in Europe for several years.
>
> People in *every* country are "just that stupid". USians just tend to be
> louder about it than some.

Thread like these must make the Ruby community really proud.

How about it ends here, or goes off-list?

--
James Britt

www.risingtidesoftware.com - Wicked Cool Coding

Chad Perrin

On Fri, Sep 21, 2007 at 08:55:08AM +0900, James Britt wrote:

> Thread like these must make the Ruby community really proud.

Did you get the impression any of this was meant seriously? It all
appears to be in jest, to me. What's wrong with a little light-hearted
humor?

--
CCD CopyWrite Chad Perrin [ http://ccd.ap... ]
Kent Beck: "I always knew that one day Smalltalk would replace Java. I