Is it possible to change TCP/IP settings of your computer using Ruby

zoat

I would like to have easier and fast way to change the TCP/IP settings
of my computer.
As my job requires in order to connect to each customer network. For
example to change it to a specified IP/Gateway/Subnet Mask etc.
I have seem a VB script which does that.
Is that possible to do a script in Ruby to do that? Does exist any gem
in order to help me?

Kind Regards

Roberto Nogueira

1 Answer

Jano Svitok

On 9/19/07, zoat <enogrob@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I would like to have easier and fast way to change the TCP/IP settings
> of my computer.
> As my job requires in order to connect to each customer network. For
> example to change it to a specified IP/Gateway/Subnet Mask etc.
> I have seem a VB script which does that.
> Is that possible to do a script in Ruby to do that? Does exist any gem
> in order to help me?
>
> Kind Regards
>
> Roberto Nogueira

if you're on windows, you can use WMI through Win32OLE, or netsh via
commandline/piping config

J.