"ri intern" not working?

SpringFlowers AutumnMoon

9/19/2007 9:15:00 AM

strange that ri intern is not giving the String#intern

but ri superclass will give the Class#superclass

have to use ri String#intern

(using ri from InstantRails 1.7)

SpringFlowers AutumnMoon

SpringFlowers AutumnMoon wrote:
> strange that ri intern is not giving the String#intern
>
> but ri superclass will give the Class#superclass
>
> have to use ri String#intern
>
> (using ri from InstantRails 1.7)

oh it is actually showing... at the right hand side of a line...

by the way, sometimes ri is really slow. is there a way just to build
the index or speed up the search?

matt

SpringFlowers AutumnMoon <summercoolness@gmail.com> wrote:

> SpringFlowers AutumnMoon wrote:
> > strange that ri intern is not giving the String#intern
> >
> > but ri superclass will give the Class#superclass
> >
> > have to use ri String#intern
> >
> > (using ri from InstantRails 1.7)
>
> oh it is actually showing... at the right hand side of a line...
>
> by the way, sometimes ri is really slow. is there a way just to build
> the index or speed up the search?

gem install fastri

m.
--
matt neuburg, phd = matt@tidbits.com, http://www.tidbits...
Tiger - http://www.takecontrolbooks.com/tiger-custom...

ChazFx

cloud dreamer <reduce.reuse@recycle.com> wrote:

> On 06/05/2013 10:04 AM, Hass wrote:

>> I figure I'd get this thing off the front page before that Seamus guy
>> does...it's dull.

> Just plonk him. Then none of us would have seen you repost his drivel.

Which you just did as well, genius.

Anim8rFSK

In article
<1470903446389545629.375510address_is-invalid.invalid@news.giganews.com>
,
BTR1701 <address_is@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> cloud dreamer <reduce.reuse@recycle.com> wrote:
>
> > On 06/05/2013 10:04 AM, Hass wrote:
>
> >> I figure I'd get this thing off the front page before that Seamus guy
> >> does...it's dull.
>
> > Just plonk him. Then none of us would have seen you repost his drivel.
>
> Which you just did as well, genius.

Plus, you know, oh bitter irony.

--
"Every time a Kardashian gets a TV show, an angel dies."

Jim G.

BTR1701 sent the following on Mon, 06 May 2013 10:30:10 -0500:
> cloud dreamer <reduce.reuse@recycle.com> wrote:
>
> > On 06/05/2013 10:04 AM, Hass wrote:
>
> >> I figure I'd get this thing off the front page before that Seamus guy
> >> does...it's dull.
>
> > Just plonk him. Then none of us would have seen you repost his drivel.
>
> Which you just did as well, genius.

Freaking classic. It's amazing that someone as brilliant as she is keeps
making this same mistake over and over and over again.

CD learning curve: -----------------------------------

"Can you and your stupid hair let us in?" -- Carlton Lassiter, PSYCH

Jim G.

anim8rFSK sent the following on Mon, 06 May 2013 09:51:43 -0700:
> In article
> <1470903446389545629.375510address_is-invalid.invalid@news.giganews.com>
> ,
> BTR1701 <address_is@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
> > cloud dreamer <reduce.reuse@recycle.com> wrote:

> > > Just plonk him. Then none of us would have seen you repost his drivel.
> >
> > Which you just did as well, genius.
>
> Plus, you know, oh bitter irony.

And I needed the chuckle, so I was actually grateful to hear from her
for once. :)

In article <uucgo892gadf2cnof9mtnqrfimk43t69c1@4ax.com>,
Jim G. <jimgysin@geemail.com.invalid> wrote:

> BTR1701 sent the following on Mon, 06 May 2013 10:30:10 -0500:
> > cloud dreamer <reduce.reuse@recycle.com> wrote:

> > > Just plonk him. Then none of us would have seen you repost his drivel.
> >
> > Which you just did as well, genius.
>
> Freaking classic. It's amazing that someone as brilliant as she is keeps
> making this same mistake over and over and over again.
>
> CD learning curve: -----------------------------------

I disagree:

CD learning curve: ___________________________________

(make the 'flat line' sound effect)

--
"Every time a Kardashian gets a TV show, an angel dies."

Jim G.

anim8rFSK sent the following on Mon, 06 May 2013 18:28:09 -0700:
> In article <uucgo892gadf2cnof9mtnqrfimk43t69c1@4ax.com>,
> Jim G. <jimgysin@geemail.com.invalid> wrote:
>
> > BTR1701 sent the following on Mon, 06 May 2013 10:30:10 -0500:

> > > Which you just did as well, genius.
> >
> > Freaking classic. It's amazing that someone as brilliant as she is keeps
> > making this same mistake over and over and over again.
> >
> > CD learning curve: -----------------------------------
>
> I disagree:
>
> CD learning curve: ___________________________________
>
> (make the 'flat line' sound effect)

I'm pretty sure that we're on the same page here. :)

In article <5cvio8teqa9vg4obff7l1926j5b80bieac@4ax.com>,
Jim G. <jimgysin@geemail.com.invalid> wrote:

> anim8rFSK sent the following on Mon, 06 May 2013 18:28:09 -0700:
> > In article <uucgo892gadf2cnof9mtnqrfimk43t69c1@4ax.com>,
> > Jim G. <jimgysin@geemail.com.invalid> wrote:
> >
> > > BTR1701 sent the following on Mon, 06 May 2013 10:30:10 -0500:

> > > Freaking classic. It's amazing that someone as brilliant as she is keeps
> > > making this same mistake over and over and over again.
> > >
> > > CD learning curve: -----------------------------------
> >
> > I disagree:
> >
> > CD learning curve: ___________________________________
> >
> > (make the 'flat line' sound effect)
>
> I'm pretty sure that we're on the same page here. :)

I'm just taking it down a notch.

--
"Every time a Kardashian gets a TV show, an angel dies."

Jim G.

anim8rFSK sent the following on 5/7/2013 6:26 PM:
> In article <5cvio8teqa9vg4obff7l1926j5b80bieac@4ax.com>,
> Jim G. <jimgysin@geemail.com.invalid> wrote:
>
>> anim8rFSK sent the following on Mon, 06 May 2013 18:28:09 -0700:

>>> I disagree:

>>> (make the 'flat line' sound effect)
>>
>> I'm pretty sure that we're on the same page here. :)
>
> I'm just taking it down a notch.

Lowering the bar? :)

"Can you and your stupid hair let us in?" -- Carlton Lassiter, PSYCH