ul

9/17/2007 5:08:00 PM

Hi all! Please, help me to choose the best library for general OpenGL
programming with Ruby...
Thanx!

2 Answers

Gregory Seidman

On Tue, Sep 18, 2007 at 02:10:04AM +0900, ul wrote:
> Hi all! Please, help me to choose the best library for general OpenGL
> programming with Ruby...

It depends on your purpose. If you just want straight OpenGL, the
ruby-opengl gem works nicely. If you want SDL, there's a gem for that, too.
If you want something that magically makes you capable of building a
first-person shooter game engine, you need some books and experience rather
than software.

> Thanx!
--Greg

Bill Kelly

From: "ul" <fer.obbee@gmail.com>

> Hi all! Please, help me to choose the best library for general OpenGL
> programming with Ruby...

gem install ruby-opengl

( http://rubyforge.org/projects/ru... )

^^^ Note, the project description lists Environment as Mac OS X / X11,
but it should also work on Windows.

Hope this helps,

Bill