rbTenjin + Apache?

Marc Heiler

http://www.kuwata-lab.com/tenjin/rbtenjin-users-guide....

looks nice. Does someone know how to set it up with Apache?
(Both are already installed and work on my linux box here)

Konrad Meyer

Quoth Marc Heiler:
> Hi,
>

> http://www.kuwata-lab.com/tenjin/rbtenjin-users-guide....
>
> looks nice. Does someone know how to set it up with Apache?
> (Both are already installed and work on my linux box here)

Looks like a cross between erb (google it) and PHP (ugh). Have you seen
Markaby / RedCloth etc? There are many nicer and more ruby-esque tools out
there.

--
Konrad Meyer <konrad@tylerc.org> http://konrad.sobertil...

Ken Le

This is how I did it, I am not an Apache guru so please correct me
anybody if this is a bad way to do it:

For Ubuntu 7.10 and assuming you already have mod_ruby and ruby gems
installed:

1) Install tenjin

gem install tenjin

2) Make make a file named ruby.conf under /etc/apache2/conf.d

Add the following into ruby.conf
--------------------------------------
AddType text/html .rbx

<IfModule mod_ruby.c>

RubyRequire apache/ruby-run

<Files *.rbx>
Options ExecCGI
SetHandler ruby-object
RubyHandler Apache::RubyRun.instance
</Files>

</IfModule>

3) Go into /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/apache/ruby-run.rb

Add the following under where it says 'require "singleton"'
---------------------------------------
require "singleton"
require "rubygems"
require "tenjin"

4) Test it out:

Go to your Apache Document Root where you serve your files.
Create a file named main.rbx and enter the following:
engine = Tenjin::Engine.new()

context = {:title=>'Hello World'}
filename = 'file.rbhtml'
output = engine.render(filename, context)
puts output

Create a template named file.rbhtml and include the following
<h1>#{@title}</h1>

Goto your browser and type in: YOURDOMAIN/main.rbx

Your browser should then display "Hello World".

Marc Heiler wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Thanks for the help!

I forgot to mention, you will need to have write permissions on the
directory where your template (e.g. file.rbhtml) is placed in. This is
because tenjin creates a .cache version of your .rbhtml in the same
directory, thus if you do not have write permissions, it will not work.