[ANN] rabal 0.2.0 Released

Jeremy Hinegardner

9/10/2007 5:11:00 AM

rabal version 0.2.0 has been released.

http://copiousfreetime.rubyforge....

Ruby Architecture for Building Applications and Libraries. Rabal is a
commandline application for bootstrapping, packaging and distributing ruby
projects.

{{ Changelog for Version 0.2.0 }}

=== Version 0.2.0

* create conditional tasks based upon the availability of
libraries (webby, heel, rubyforge)
* added in site plugin and associated tasks
* moved all rake tasks to .rake files
* added tasks to show website and rdoc if heel is installed

http://copiousfreetime.rubyforge....

ejoy,

-jeremy

Jeremy Hinegardner jeremy@hinegardner.org

2 Answers

flazzarino

On Sep 10, 1:10 am, Jeremy Hinegardner <jer...@hinegardner.org> wrote:
> rabal version 0.2.0 has been released.
>
> http://copiousfreetime.rubyforge....
>
> Ruby Architecture for Building Applications and Libraries. Rabal is a
> commandline application for bootstrapping, packaging and distributing ruby
> projects.
>
> {{ Changelog for Version 0.2.0 }}
>
> === Version 0.2.0
>
> * create conditional tasks based upon the availability of
> libraries (webby, heel, rubyforge)
> * added in site plugin and associated tasks
> * moved all rake tasks to .rake files
> * added tasks to show website and rdoc if heel is installed
>
> http://copiousfreetime.rubyforge....
>
> ejoy,
>
> -jeremy

> Jeremy Hinegardner jer...@hinegardner.org

rabal --use-all --core-author="Ruby Programmer" --core-
email="rp@example.com" --license-flavor=Ruby myproj

is to

rails myproj

as rails is to generic projects?

Jeremy Hinegardner

On Mon, Sep 10, 2007 at 10:30:06PM +0900, franco wrote:
> On Sep 10, 1:10 am, Jeremy Hinegardner <jer...@hinegardner.org> wrote:
> > rabal version 0.2.0 has been released.
> >
> > http://copiousfreetime.rubyforge....
> >
> > Ruby Architecture for Building Applications and Libraries. Rabal is a
> > commandline application for bootstrapping, packaging and distributing ruby
> > projects.
> >
> > {{ Changelog for Version 0.2.0 }}
> >
> > === Version 0.2.0
> >
> > * create conditional tasks based upon the availability of
> > libraries (webby, heel, rubyforge)
> > * added in site plugin and associated tasks
> > * moved all rake tasks to .rake files
> > * added tasks to show website and rdoc if heel is installed
> >
> > http://copiousfreetime.rubyforge....
> >
> > ejoy,
> >
> > -jeremy
> >
> > --
> > Jeremy Hinegardner jer...@hinegardner.org
>
> rabal --use-all --core-author="Ruby Programmer" --core-
> email="rp@example.com" --license-flavor=Ruby myproj
>
> is to
>
> rails myproj
>
> as rails is to generic projects?

Yes, rabal is there to bootstrap a basic ruby project. By default it
assumes a basic library.

* add --use-bin to stub out a commandline application
* add --use-extension to add a C extension
* add --use-rubyforge to link it to a rubyforge project
* add --use-spec to use Rspec for testing
* add --use-test to use Test::Unit for testing
* add --use-website to add in tasks to setup and create a website
about your project

If you have some suggestions or bugs, please let me know.

enjoy,