Re: Training on the west coast?

ara.t.howard

9/8/2007 7:44:00 PM

On Sep 8, 2007, at 3:56 AM, Nuby Ruby wrote:

> Are there any good training offerings coming up on the west coast,
> ideally
> in either Seattle, Portland, or San Francisco?

doug fales and i offer custom ruby and rails/ruby courses. we're in
denver but love going to seattle ;-) last gig we did was a 3 day
custom class for the us department of commerce and around 25 students.

http://codeforp...tea...
http://codeforp...
http:/...

regards.

a @ http://draw...
better. simply reflect on that.
h.h. the 14th dalai lama

20 Answers

Chom Noamksy

On 11/29/2010 9:17 PM, J wrote:
> "Dakota"<markp@NOSPAMmail.com> wrote in message
>> On Mon 11/29/10 21:34, J wrote:
>>> Here they are: "Four Guidelines for Modesty":
>>>
>> Is there no end to the ways J wants to control women?
>>

> Offering young women advice about practising self-respect and modesty is not
> about "control". Perhaps if some of these young women were taught these
> things at home, they wouldn't need me to outline about what is and isn't
> proper attire. I believe that as one is firmly pro-woman, I have an
> obligation to address these matters.

Proper attire for what? If going out on the town to get laid then high
heels, short hem, and low cut top is proper attire.

Eric©

J wrote...

> Offering young women advice about practising self-respect and modesty is not
> about "control". Perhaps if some of these young women were taught these
> things at home, they wouldn't need me to outline about what is and isn't
> proper attire. I believe that as one is firmly pro-woman, I have an
> obligation to address these matters.

What would your esteemed opinion be of this young woman's attire?
http://premodeconhist.files.wordpress.com/2009/...

Chom Noamksy

On 11/29/2010 9:46 PM, Eric? wrote:
> J wrote...
>>
>> Offering young women advice about practising self-respect and modesty is not
>> about "control". Perhaps if some of these young women were taught these
>> things at home, they wouldn't need me to outline about what is and isn't
>> proper attire. I believe that as one is firmly pro-woman, I have an
>> obligation to address these matters.
>

> What would your esteemed opinion be of this young woman's attire?
> http://premodeconhist.files.wordpress.com/2009/...

Looks like she's got a bad habit.

W.T.S.

In article <48umu8.19f.17.1@news.alt.net>, jvisions@live.com says...

> "Dakota" <markp@NOSPAMmail.com> wrote in message
> > On Mon 11/29/10 21:34, J wrote:
> >> Here they are: "Four Guidelines for Modesty":
> >>
> > Is there no end to the ways J wants to control women?
> >
> Offering young women advice about practising self-respect and modesty is not
> about "control". Perhaps if some of these young women were taught these
> things at home, they wouldn't need me to outline about what is and isn't
> proper attire. I believe that as one is firmly pro-woman, I have an
> obligation to address these matters.
"J" is a liar and a bigot, and a woman hater. Women have the same right
to be left alone as any male does. "J" thinks all victims are to blame.
--
http://www.rhrealitycheck.org/p...

Buddythunder

On Nov 30, 6:17 pm, "J" <jvisi...@live.com> wrote:
> "Dakota" <ma...@NOSPAMmail.com> wrote in message

> > On Mon 11/29/10 21:34, J wrote:
> >> Here they are: "Four Guidelines for Modesty":
>
> > Is there no end to the ways J wants to control women?
>
> Offering young women advice about practising self-respect and modesty is not
> about "control". Perhaps if some of these young women were taught these
> things at home, they wouldn't need me to outline about what is and isn't
> proper attire. I believe that as one is firmly pro-woman, I have an
> obligation to address these matters.
>
> --
> J Young
> jvisi...@live.com

Indeed they DON'T need you to outline proper attire. You seem to be
the only one concerned with it, perhaps you should spend a little more
time working on your own shortcomings.

chibiabos

In article <Ct2dnVnFPKruD2nRnZ2dnUVZ_oOdnZ2d@giganews.com>, Chom
Noamksy <blahblah@blahblah.blah> wrote:

> On 11/29/2010 9:46 PM, Eric? wrote:
> > J wrote...
> >>
> >> Offering young women advice about practising self-respect and modesty is
> >> not
> >> about "control". Perhaps if some of these young women were taught these
> >> things at home, they wouldn't need me to outline about what is and isn't
> >> proper attire. I believe that as one is firmly pro-woman, I have an
> >> obligation to address these matters.
> >

> > What would your esteemed opinion be of this young woman's attire?
> > http://premodeconhist.files.wordpress.com/2009/...
>
> Looks like she's got a bad habit.

Dunno. It's looks sort of uplifting to me.

-chib

--
Member of S.M.A.S.H.
Sarcastic Middle-aged Atheists with a Sense of Humor

Yap

On 30 Nov, 12:17, "J" <jvisi...@live.com> wrote:
> "Dakota" <ma...@NOSPAMmail.com> wrote in message

> > On Mon 11/29/10 21:34, J wrote:
> >> Here they are: "Four Guidelines for Modesty":
>
> > Is there no end to the ways J wants to control women?
>
> Offering young women advice about practising self-respect and modesty is not
> about "control". Perhaps if some of these young women were taught these
> things at home, they wouldn't need me to outline about what is and isn't
> proper attire. I believe that as one is firmly pro-woman, I have an
> obligation to address these matters.
Do you even know what is an individual right?
If because of dressing, a woman is attacked...the attacker should be
killed outright.

> --
> J Young
> jvisi...@live.com

Jimbo

On Nov 30, 12:17 am, "J" <jvisi...@live.com> wrote:
> "Dakota" <ma...@NOSPAMmail.com> wrote in message

> > On Mon 11/29/10 21:34, J wrote:
> >> Here they are: "Four Guidelines for Modesty":
>
> > Is there no end to the ways J wants to control women?
>
> Offering young women advice

Nobody wants your advice, bigot.

Mitchell Holman

"J" <jvisions@live.com> wrote in news:491cto.r71.17.1@news.alt.net:

> Now the greatest insult to women
> is the concept of gay marriage.

Care to explain that one? No women I know
are "insulted" because gay men don't even know
get married.

And if you trying to claim that gay marriage
reduces the pool of available bachelors, well,
gay men aren't "available" anyway, so where is the
harm?

SkyEyes

On Nov 29, 10:17 pm, "J" <jvisi...@live.com> wrote:
> "Dakota" <ma...@NOSPAMmail.com> wrote in message

> > On Mon 11/29/10 21:34, J wrote:
> >> Here they are: "Four Guidelines for Modesty":
>
> > Is there no end to the ways J wants to control women?
>
> Offering young women advice about practising self-respect and modesty is not
> about "control".

Sure it is. It puts women who don't comply with your artificial
standards in the position of having to constantly defend themselves.
Since I'm a woman who has *always* resisted this "be a lady" crap, I'm
in a better position than you are to know about the control issue.

> Perhaps if some of these young women were taught these
> things at home, they wouldn't need me to outline about what is and isn't
> proper attire.

Newsflash: we don't need you to outline what we should and shouldn't
wear. If you don't like what I'm wearing, don't look at me.

> I believe that as one is firmly pro-woman, I have an
> obligation to address these matters.

Where "pro-woman" is equal to "women as second-class citizens who have
to take direction from men."

Brenda Nelson, A.A.#34
BAAWA Knight of the Golden Litterbox
EAC Professor of Feline Thermometrics and Cat-Herding
skyeyes nine at cox dot net OR
skyeyes nine at yahoo dot com