Re: Multiple Assignments: Newbie question

Farrel Lifson

9/5/2007 11:45:00 AM

Your syntax is incorrect. Either do
arg1="Ruby"; arg2="Rails";arg3="Rails"

or

arg1,arg2,arg3="Ruby","Rails","Rails"

Farrel

3 Answers

dblack

Sebastian Hungerecker

Z T wrote:
> On 9/5/07, Farrel Lifson <farrel.lifson@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Your syntax is incorrect.
>
> Anthony, Farrel I am aware of what you are saying. I am trying to figure
> out why the code I wrote (purposely) works that way.

I hope my previous reply answered that question for you.

> If the way I have written code
> is incorrect then why don't I get an error or something?

Because it's not. The syntax is valid, it just doesn't do what you expected it
to.

--
NP: The Haunted - Privation of Faith Inc
Jabber: sepp2k@jabber.org

Anthony Eden

On 9/5/07, Z T <zoater@gmail.com> wrote:
> Anthony, Farrel I am aware of what you are saying. I am trying to figure out
> why the code I wrote (purposely) works that way. What is the reason - could
> not find any answer anywhere so far? If the way I have written code is
> incorrect then why don't I get an error or something?

The code is syntactically correct, as other responses to your original
post have explained, it just doesn't behave as you expected.

V/r
Anthony

--
Cell: 808 782-5046