Help installing rails

Josh Hester

9/4/2007 7:42:00 PM

I'm trying to install the rails aspect through gem, but when I run the
command:

gem install rails --include-dependencies

I get a connection error. So I figured it may be because of our proxy, so
when I try:

gem install rails --include-dependencies -p http://inetgw.unx....

I get an undefined method error.

Any ideas?

1 Answer

John Joyce

On Sep 4, 2007, at 2:50 PM, Josh Hester wrote:

> I'm trying to install the rails aspect through gem, but when I run the
> command:
>
> gem install rails --include-dependencies
>
> I get a connection error. So I figured it may be because of our
> proxy, so
> when I try:
>
> gem install rails --include-dependencies -p http://
> inetgw.unx.sas.com:80
>
> I get an undefined method error.
>

> Any ideas?

Need more info about the system you're trying to install on.
You should probably also use 'sudo'
sudo gem install gem_name --include-dependencies
and include here the full error messages.
You might also check out the rubygems web site and the ruby on rails
web sites.