Re: subject line

Arlen Cuss

9/3/2007 2:41:00 PM

On Mon, 2007-09-03 at 07:48 +0900, Devi Web Development wrote:
> I don't know who would make this sort of decision, but could we put
> [RubyTalk] or [Ruby] or something at the beginning of all messages? It's a
> fairly common practice on listserves.

I disagree. I think today's mail clients *should* be expected to be able
to filter or tag on To:, Cc:, or List-Id:.

1 Answer

Chad Perrin

On Mon, Sep 03, 2007 at 11:40:54PM +0900, Arlen Christian Mart Cuss wrote:

> On Mon, 2007-09-03 at 07:48 +0900, Devi Web Development wrote:
> > I don't know who would make this sort of decision, but could we put
> > [RubyTalk] or [Ruby] or something at the beginning of all messages? It's a
> > fairly common practice on listserves.
>
> I disagree. I think today's mail clients *should* be expected to be able
> to filter or tag on To:, Cc:, or List-Id:.

I don't think anyone was saying that MUAs shouldn't be expected to be
able to filter emails. The problem is that not everyone wants to filter
and organize emails the same way you do. Some people like having a
single inbox with easily recognizable markers for different mailing
lists. Your kink is not my kink.

--
CCD CopyWrite Chad Perrin [ http://ccd.ap... ]
John W. Russell: "People point. Sometimes that's just easier. They also use