calendar events

Michael Linfield

9/1/2007 11:57:00 PM

i want a simply get the amount of days inbetween a range of dates. IE:
1/25 - 2/3 is 8 days difference.

My initial approach the the problem was to create a huge variable setup:

jan = 31 #31 = days in january
feb = 28
mar = 31
apr = 30

im sure thers a better and cleaner way, any ideas on how to approach
this?

Thanks

Michael Linfield

Felix Windt wrote:
>> My initial approach the the problem was to create a huge

> If you subtract a date object from a date object, the result is "how
> many
> days later the current date is than x."
>
> HTH,
>
> Felix

Perfect. Thanks a ton!

Michael Linfield

just another quick question...if i wanted to put a string into a date
format such as the following:

res = []
array = ["2/14/2005",83,35,23]
res << array.grep(/2/\14/\2005/)

# so now res has "2/14/2005" in it...how would i turn that into a --

specdate = Date.new(2, 24, 2005)

so i need 2/14/2005 turned into a date object, preferably not having to
use the format of Date.new(year,day,month) ...id prefer to have it in
the format of month,day,year if possible :)

much thanks!