Re: GetoptLong

Terry Poulin

8/29/2007 6:30:00 PM

Bill Saunders wrote:
> I am new to this mailing. I have some users who are fed up with the
> following warning and my inability to explain and/or remove it. It
> occurs on every call to GetoptLong.new, and yes, it is on windows.
>
> H:/work/i2cc.rb:1140: warning: don't put space before argument
> parenthese
>
> If anyone could provide some help, it would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Bill Saunders
> Wave7 Optics, Inc

It may help if you could include (inline, not attached) some code examples
(shorted to the minimal) of the code executed from the program(s) in question
and how they are being used, e.g. .\foo.rb --file bar.txt. In my experience it
can generally be best that way for people to know whats going on.

In the past I've usually used optparse (which I dislike) or rolled my own
argument hunt & peck. After reading this and looking up getoptlong, it looks
much more to my tastes so I'll definitely have to check out. Thanks for a poke
hehe;-)

TerryP.

--

Email and shopping with the feelgood factor!
55% of income to good causes. http://www.ip...