Find out the NameServers of a Domain name

Vinay Beckham

8/29/2007 1:00:00 PM

Hi guys,
I was wondering if there is any way to find out all the Nameservers a
domain is mapped to.
Example: www.google.com
Name Servers:
ns1.google.com
ns2.google.com
ns3.google.com
ns4.google.com

Is there any way i could do this in Ruby??

darren kirby

quoth the Vinay Beckham:
> Hi guys,
> I was wondering if there is any way to find out all the Nameservers a
> domain is mapped to.
> Example: www.google.com
> Name Servers:
> ns1.google.com
> ns2.google.com
> ns3.google.com
> ns4.google.com
>
> Is there any way i could do this in Ruby??

Try resolv.rb:

require 'resolv'

a = []
dns = Resolv::DNS.new
dns.getresources("google.com", Resolv::DNS::Resource::IN::NS).collect {|n| a
<< n.name.to_s }
p a
=> ["ns1.google.com", "ns2.google.com", "ns3.google.com", "ns4.google.com"]

-d
--
darren kirby :: Part of the problem since 1976 :: http://badco...

Vinay Beckham

darren kirby wrote:
> quoth the Vinay Beckham:
> Try resolv.rb:
>
> require 'resolv'
>
> a = []
> dns = Resolv::DNS.new
> dns.getresources("google.com", Resolv::DNS::Resource::IN::NS).collect
> {|n| a
> << n.name.to_s }
> p a
> => ["ns1.google.com", "ns2.google.com", "ns3.google.com",
> "ns4.google.com"]
>
> -d

Perfect... thnx mate

Kurt Nicklas

On Jan 27, 5:48 pm, Steve <stevencan...@yahooooo.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 13:56:45 -0800 (PST), Milt <milt.sh...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> >On Jan 27, 4:04 pm, Steve <stevencan...@yahooooo.com> wrote:

> >> <ROTFLMAO> you said "for the DNC." Poor Milt...

> >> Indeed you are...
>
> >That's the last true thing you say in this post...
>
> >> and a dumb nobody too...
>
> >And yet I kick your ass.
>
> <LOL>   Blah, blah, blah...
>
> >How's that make you feel. I have been playing
> >you like a fiddle for years, and you don't even know it.
>
> If it wasn't for imagination, Milt's mind would probably be completely
> blank...

I'm amazed he still responds to you as he always comes out with egg on
his face.

It's funny!

John Doe

On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 05:29:41 -0800 (PST), Milt <milt.shook@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Jan 27, 3:43?am, Foxtrot <foxt...@null.com> wrote:
>> Milt <milt.sh...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> >It's not really the foundation of liberalism at all, and that's what
>> >bugs me. The loudest segment of liberals has become increasingly
>> >shrill and demanding, but they seem far too willing to wait for
>> >"someone else" to do it.
>>
>> >I am very liberal, but I'm also practical. We need to cut spending on
>> >defense, but if either side thinks that lopping off $300 billion in
>> >ridiculous weapons projects will have no ill effect, they're living in
>> >a dream world. Instead of just dropping these systems, how about
>> >paying Lockheed Martin, GE or whatever to retrofit their plants to
>> >make something else?
>>
>> >I was on Twitter last night, and commenting on the SOTU, and when I
>> >heard Obama mention alternative energy, and include "clean coal" and
>> >nuclear, I knew I would see the whines come from the left, and I
>> >wasn't disappointed. They have to be a part of the mix, at least until
>> >other, cleaner energy alternatives have matured enough to be
>> >dependable. I happen to think nuclear is just too expensive, and that
>> >there is no such thing as "clean coal." But if we're going to drive
>> >electric cars, the energy has to come from somewhere, and not all of
>> >it can be generated by the wind and sun; at least not yet.
>>
>> At this point in time, "clean energy" like windmills, solar panels and
>> algae is a hoax. It's like the fantasy of "world peace". They give
>> sensitive dreamers ways to forgive themselves for living the way
>> we do for the lifestyles we chose. "Carbon credits" are the most
>> disgusting form of hypocrisy for allowing weasels like Gore an
>> excuse for living like kings and telling the rest of us to sacrifice.
>
>Actually, there have been a lot of advances in clean energy over the
>years. A very good friend of mine built a row of solar powered
>townhomes in the Colorado mountains about 25 years ago as an
>experiment, and the experiment has worked quite well; in an area where
>the nighttime temperature routinely goes down to minus 20-30 degrees
>in the winter, his electric bills are rarely more than $25-35. In the
>summer, he usually gets money back from the utility for the excess
>power he generates. And in 25 years, he's only had to upgrade the
>solar panels once, by choice. His total electric bill for 2005 was
>less than $200. IOW, it can be done. As for wind power, there are a
>number of areas where it's been deployed to great effect; I remember
>driving by the Palm Springs wind farms as much as 30 years ago, and
>even though the area's grown significantly, wind still provides about
>20-30% of their power. I have another friend who just installed a
>geothermal generator on his house in November, and his electric bills
>have already dropped by almost 50%; and that's before he replaces all
>of his windows and his insulation.

Oh god, more of Miltie's "I know somebody but can't prove it to you"
claims....

Steve

On Fri, 28 Jan 2011 06:15:43 -0500, NoBody <NoBody@nowhere.com> wrote:

>On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 05:29:41 -0800 (PST), Milt <milt.shook@gmail.com>
>wrote:

>>> At this point in time, "clean energy" like windmills, solar panels and
>>> algae is a hoax. It's like the fantasy of "world peace". They give
>>> sensitive dreamers ways to forgive themselves for living the way
>>> we do for the lifestyles we chose. "Carbon credits" are the most
>>> disgusting form of hypocrisy for allowing weasels like Gore an
>>> excuse for living like kings and telling the rest of us to sacrifice.
>>
>>Actually, there have been a lot of advances in clean energy over the
>>years. A very good friend of mine built a row of solar powered
>>townhomes in the Colorado mountains about 25 years ago as an
>>experiment, and the experiment has worked quite well; in an area where
>>the nighttime temperature routinely goes down to minus 20-30 degrees
>>in the winter, his electric bills are rarely more than $25-35. In the
>>summer, he usually gets money back from the utility for the excess
>>power he generates. And in 25 years, he's only had to upgrade the
>>solar panels once, by choice. His total electric bill for 2005 was
>>less than $200. IOW, it can be done. As for wind power, there are a
>>number of areas where it's been deployed to great effect; I remember
>>driving by the Palm Springs wind farms as much as 30 years ago, and
>>even though the area's grown significantly, wind still provides about
>>20-30% of their power. I have another friend who just installed a
>>geothermal generator on his house in November, and his electric bills
>>have already dropped by almost 50%; and that's before he replaces all
>>of his windows and his insulation.
>>

>Oh god, more of Miltie's "I know somebody but can't prove it to you"
>claims....

"One of my best friends is gay, and just happens to be a former
Linebacker in the NFL."
--Milt Shook
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.fan.rush-limbaugh/msg/46d3447...

Milt

On Jan 28, 8:11 am, Steve <stevencan...@yahooooo.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Jan 2011 06:15:43 -0500, NoBody <NoB...@nowhere.com> wrote:
> >On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 05:29:41 -0800 (PST), Milt <milt.sh...@gmail.com>
> >wrote:

> >>Actually, there have been a lot of advances in clean energy over the
> >>years. A very good friend of mine built a row of solar powered
> >>townhomes in the Colorado mountains about 25 years ago as an
> >>experiment, and the experiment has worked quite well; in an area where
> >>the nighttime temperature routinely goes down to minus 20-30 degrees
> >>in the winter, his electric bills are rarely more than $25-35. In the
> >>summer, he usually gets money back from the utility for the excess
> >>power he generates. And in 25 years, he's only had to upgrade the
> >>solar panels once, by choice. His total electric bill for 2005 was
> >>less than $200. IOW, it can be done. As for wind power, there are a
> >>number of areas where it's been deployed to great effect; I remember
> >>driving by the Palm Springs wind farms as much as 30 years ago, and
> >>even though the area's grown significantly, wind still provides about
> >>20-30% of their power. I have another friend who just installed a
> >>geothermal generator on his house in November, and his electric bills
> >>have already dropped by almost 50%; and that's before he replaces all
> >>of his windows and his insulation.
>
> >Oh god, more of Miltie's "I know somebody but can't prove it to you"
> >claims....
>
> "One of my best friends is gay, and just happens to be a former
> Linebacker in the NFL."
> --Milt Shookhttp://groups.google.com/group/alt.fan.rush-limbaugh/msg/46......

Yep... and he's an awesome guy, too...

Yoorghis

On Fri, 28 Jan 2011 06:15:43 -0500, NoBody <NoBody@nowhere.com> wrote:

>Oh god, more of Miltie's "I know somebody but can't prove it to you"
>claims....

Well, it could be worse

Knickkkers could be bitching and whining a dozen times a day about his
constant ass-kicking he was getting, his dozens of crank-hang up
calls, (from his home phone, no less), waving his famous (but
extremely silly) hate-page, and psychotic rants about how "everyone is
picking on me" nonsense that he was famous for.

On Fri, 18 Sep 2009 16:32:34 -0700 (PDT), Kurtis T. Nicklas of
1293 Westbrook Ave, Elon, NC 27244-9372"

<nickl...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

>I don't pay much attention to him these days, but I'd wager he's not
>happy.

You sure as shit paid attention when you got caught
making all those late-night hang-up phone calls, didn't
ya, Nickkkkers?

CLICK ! ! !

Steve

On Fri, 28 Jan 2011 05:41:00 -0800 (PST), Milt <milt.shook@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Jan 28, 8:11?am, Steve <stevencan...@yahooooo.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, 28 Jan 2011 06:15:43 -0500, NoBody <NoB...@nowhere.com> wrote:

>> >Oh god, more of Miltie's "I know somebody but can't prove it to you"
>> >claims....
>>
>> "One of my best friends is gay, and just happens to be a former
>> Linebacker in the NFL."
>> --Milt Shookhttp://groups.google.com/group/alt.fan.rush-limbaugh/msg/46......
>
>Yep... and he's an awesome guy, too...

<chuckle> Just another of Milt's dishonest personal experience
claims. In truth, Milt has no real friends. He believes that anybody
that speaks to him is his best friend.... and if a woman speaks to
him, he starts making wedding plans...

"I like women, and I'm marrying one in a few
months... "
--Milt Shook Wed, Jul 28 2004
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.society.liberalism/msg/ae45d6c0cd6c1cb6?...

Canyon note: It appears that Milt had neglected to ask her about it
since he's still very single...

Lich Nutz

On 01/28/2011 06:41 AM, Milt wrote:
>> "One of my best friends is gay, and just happens to be a former
>> > Linebacker in the NFL."
>> > --Milt Shookhttp://groups.google.com/group/alt.fan.rush-limbaugh/msg/46......
> Yep... and he's an awesome guy, too...

Your top?
--
I like to play with rockets and balloons and do Playdo terraforming.