Address Book Import

Pradeep

8/29/2007 12:20:00 PM

Hi All,

Is there any way to import address book of rediffmail and indiatimes
using ruby. Please let me know the details.

Thanks in Advance

Regards,
Pradeep

1 Answer

Kenneth Kalmer

On 8/29/07, Pradeep <pradeep.ramkrish@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Is there any way to import address book of rediffmail and indiatimes
> using ruby. Please let me know the details.

Well, the contacts gem seems to do a good job of Gmail, Y! and
Hotmail. Why not just use Mechanize to fill in the blanks and scrape
the sites yourself...? Its really a blast, you just need to keep tabs
on when the sites change cause scraping is generally very brittle...

Best

--

Kenneth Kalmer
kenneth.kalmer@gmail.com