Re: IDE's With Indentation Guides Like SciTE?

Reid Thompson

8/28/2007 11:50:00 PM

list. rb wrote:
> I've used SciTE for quite some time now and have become addicted to the
> indentation guides:
> I.e. http://people.mosaix.net/chris/images/scite...
>
> 1) Are there any other Ruby IDE's that offer this feature other than
> Notepad++ & Scite? I like Aptana but this feature is non-existent.
>
> 2) Also, I know lots of Ruby devs are once-java devs. I also do Java
> development and am similarly looking for a Java IDE that also has
> indentation guides. Any suggestions here?
>
> I've google'd the topic many times but 'Indentation Guides' isn't doing the
> trick. Is there another name for it? I can't leave SciTE without this
> feature!
>
> Thanks in advance

http://vim.group.stumbleupon.com/fo... may be of interest

6 Answers

Chad Perrin

On Wed, Aug 29, 2007 at 09:42:05AM +0900, Reid Thompson wrote:
> or
> http://vim.sourceforge.net/scripts/script.php?scr...

Oh, that one looks handy -- and probably like exactly what the OP would
want, if interested in Vim.

--
CCD CopyWrite Chad Perrin [ http://ccd.ap... ]
W. Somerset Maugham: "The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for

list. rb

I'll have to check out Komodo. VIM --I'm not that *hardcore* :-)

With regards to Eclipse & Aptana, is there a framework limitation that
prevents these from having this feature? After all the work that's
been put into Eclipse, I find it strange that no one has implemented
this, at least as a plugin. Perhaps it's not commonly used.

At any rate, thanks to all for the suggestions.

On Aug 28, 10:13 pm, Chad Perrin <per...@apotheon.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 29, 2007 at 09:42:05AM +0900, Reid Thompson wrote:
> > or
> >http://vim.sourceforge.net/scripts/script.php?scr...
>
> Oh, that one looks handy -- and probably like exactly what the OP would
> want, if interested in Vim.
>

> > fromhttp://mysite.verizon.net/astronaut/vim/...
>
> --
> CCD CopyWrite Chad Perrin [http://ccd.ap...]
> W. Somerset Maugham: "The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for
> wit."

Chad Perrin

On Fri, Aug 31, 2007 at 05:46:02AM +0900, list.rb@gmail.com wrote:
> I'll have to check out Komodo. VIM --I'm not that *hardcore* :-)

Does that mean I get to call myself "hardcore" now? Cool!

--
CCD CopyWrite Chad Perrin [ http://ccd.ap... ]
John Kenneth Galbraith: "If all else fails, immortality can always be

Hassan Schroeder

On 8/30/07, Chad Perrin <perrin@apotheon.com> wrote:

> Does that mean I get to call myself "hardcore" now? Cool!

Yes, but only in private. And not too loudly. Think of the children...

list. rb

Whatever keeps you from chastising me for not liking VIM

/me ducks