Re: IDE's With Indentation Guides Like SciTE?

Jeremy Woertink

8/28/2007 9:30:00 PM

List Rb wrote:
> I've used SciTE for quite some time now and have become addicted to the
> indentation guides:
> I.e. http://people.mosaix.net/chris/images/scite...
>
> 1) Are there any other Ruby IDE's that offer this feature other than
> Notepad++ & Scite? I like Aptana but this feature is non-existent.
>
> 2) Also, I know lots of Ruby devs are once-java devs. I also do Java
> development and am similarly looking for a Java IDE that also has
> indentation guides. Any suggestions here?
>
> I've google'd the topic many times but 'Indentation Guides' isn't doing
> the
> trick. Is there another name for it? I can't leave SciTE without this
> feature!
>
> Thanks in advance

I use Komodo IDE which is awesome. It has the indentation guides which
you can set at what ever you want, you have the option to hide them if
you want. There is also a neat little regexp tool I like to use. You can
download a demo.

~Jeremy