https with ruby

Damjan Rems

8/28/2007 1:08:00 PM

This task has come to my desk last hour and I wonder if it could be done
with ruby:

I would need to send XML file to some url with "HTTP POST request".

That shouldn't be a problem (mechanize comes to mind). Problem is that
url is https:// and certificate should be exchanged during session
start. In browser, browser assures that certificate is exchanged. How do
I do this from ruby program?

I don't know yet, but I guess xml file should be encrypted too.

So can this be accomplished with ruby.

Thank you
TheR

Jano Svitok

On 8/28/07, Damjan Rems <d_rems@yahoo.com> wrote:

> This task has come to my desk last hour and I wonder if it could be done
> with ruby:
>
> I would need to send XML file to some url with "HTTP POST request".
>
> That shouldn't be a problem (mechanize comes to mind). Problem is that
> url is https:// and certificate should be exchanged during session
> start. In browser, browser assures that certificate is exchanged. How do
> I do this from ruby program?
>
> I don't know yet, but I guess xml file should be encrypted too.
>
> So can this be accomplished with ruby.

There's a package for https, on top of Net::HTTP, look for Net::HTTPS,
e.g. http://snippets.dzone.com/post...