SQLite 3 and Ruby Wierd errors

Sal Syed

I created a sqlite3 database and I get the wierdest error: Sometimes it
will say that I don't have a table named 'account' (Even though I do
have this table) and other times it just loads perfectly!
Any Idea why this would happen?

-Salik

Phlip

Sal Syed wrote:

> I created a sqlite3 database and I get the wierdest error: Sometimes it
> will say that I don't have a table named 'account' (Even though I do
> have this table) and other times it just loads perfectly!
> Any Idea why this would happen?

I never hit that one, so here's some generic tips:

- post some code, so we don't need to stress our ESP
- post your version # to a sqlite mailing list
- make sure your sqlite3 gem is at least _why's version:
http://redhanded.hobix.com/cult/sqlite3Gem_whySSensibilitiesR...
- use ActiveRecord, to insulate you from DB-specific issues

--
Phlip
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/9780...

Jeffrey 'jf' Lim

On 8/28/07, Phlip <phlipcpp@yahoo.com> wrote:
> - make sure your sqlite3 gem is at least _why's version:
> http://redhanded.hobix.com/cult/sqlite3Gem_whySSensibilitiesR...

I'm not so sure about an updated version from _why, but this is like
from Oct 2006... Haven't the changes been incorporated into Jamis's
version already (see his comment as well)

-jf

--
In the meantime, here is your PSA:
"It's so hard to write a graphics driver that open-sourcing it would not help."

Phlip

Jeffrey 'jf' Lim wrote:

>> - make sure your sqlite3 gem is at least _why's version:
>>
>> http://redhanded.hobix.com/cult/sqlite3Gem_whySSensibilitiesR...
>
> I'm not so sure about an updated version from _why, but this is like
> from Oct 2006... Haven't the changes been incorporated into Jamis's
> version already (see his comment as well)

I suspected as much - that's why I said "at least"...

--
Phlip
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/9780...
"Test Driven Ajax (on Rails)"

Thanatos

In article <k7up33$vgg$1@dont-email.me>,
David Johnston <David@block.net> wrote:

> On 11/13/2012 12:50 PM, PIERACK wrote:
> > On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 11:52:01 -0500, David wrote:
> >
> >> Nielsen Faces 'S' Storm Over Sandy: Pulls NY DMA, Billions In Ad
> >> Guarantees At Stake by Joe Mandese
> >
> > WOW! Really!????
> >
> > How convenient... seriously crap happens all over the place... hurricanes
> > in FL.. I don't remember them pulling data then!! !
>
> They didn't have a quarter of the country's population with compromised
> electricity and the rest of the country blanketed in wall-to-wall news
> coverage then.

Still doesn't explain why they can't release the data for the 94% of the
rest of the country that wasn't impacted by the storm. Just put a caveat
on it notifying everyone that the results are incomplete due to storm
damage.

Obveeus

"BTR1701" <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> David Johnston <David@block.net> wrote:

>> > WOW! Really!????
>> >
>> > How convenient... seriously crap happens all over the place...
>> > hurricanes
>> > in FL.. I don't remember them pulling data then!! !
>>
>> They didn't have a quarter of the country's population with compromised
>> electricity and the rest of the country blanketed in wall-to-wall news
>> coverage then.
>
> Still doesn't explain why they can't release the data for the 94% of the
> rest of the country that wasn't impacted by the storm. Just put a caveat
> on it notifying everyone that the results are incomplete due to storm
> damage.

Nothing in the article suggested that data would not be released for the
rest of the country. It is the New York market (and maybe a couple of
others affected by the storm) where data is not going to be released.
Remember, the real point of sweeps is to set local market ad data, not the
national numbers.