Neural network library?

Andrew Edwards

I've been looking for a neural network library to work within a ruby
(rails) project. I have come across FANN http://leenisse...
which claims to have ruby bindings but the relevant page is no longer
available.

Is anyone working with a neural network implemented or linked to via
ruby? A search reveals slim pickings.

I would be using the network to help detect fraudulent online sales
based on a selection order attributes.

Thanks, Andrew

2 Answers

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, aka Comandante Banana

On Feb 18, 5:32 am, Chief Thracian <chief-thrac...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Feb 2011 16:06:10 +1100, "Rod Speed"
>
> <rod.speed....@gmail.com> wrote:
> >Pity they ALL have poor people ANYWAY.
>
> A lot less than Amerika. One hell of a lot less.

It's a matter of degree, not absolutes as radicals paint it. Tokyo had
some 3,000 homeless vs. 50,000 for New York city.

> >Wrong. Its actually typical of those who have enough of
> >a clue to realise that there will ALWAYS be poor people,
> >even if its only the drunks and drug addict 'homeless' etc.
>
> No, we can have relativel poor people, who nonetheless can live
> decently, if they had universal health and all other benefits of a
> fully employed and socialy responsible saftey net. "Poor" in any
> civilized society should mean "I can only afford an apartment instead
> of a house", not the difference between a roof over one's head and
> homelessness.
>
> A civilized society would have a percentage of poor people, w/o anyone
> living in poverty.

Important distinction. They can be poor, have a nice bike, eat healthy
(rice & beans if you will), have medical protection that emphasizes
prevention, have SAFE STREETS (both in terms of crime and traffic),
get rid of gangs through legalization of drugs, and still have a
quality of life.

On Feb 19, 3:34 am, "Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net> wrote:
> "Rod Speed" <rod.speed....@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >> You put the shame in being Amerikan.
>
> > I'm not even an american, you stupid pig ignorant clown.
>
> My God, I believe Rod Speed is a genius almost on my level. I like
> everything that he says and the rest of you asshole-idiots (all liberals of
> course) should pay attention to him.
>
> There is no point in letting beggars starve in the streets of course, but
> why make it better for them than for honest hard working folks.
>
> The fact remains that Capitalism and Democracy, whatever its faults, has
> created more wealth and freedom for more folks than any other system ever
> devised. What is so bad about that? Social welfare states eventually reduce
> everyone to the lowest common denominator. The late unlamented Soviet Union
> is the poster child for all such systems.
>
> Ask yourself, would you rather that everyone be equally poor, or that some
> few be rich and the remainder of us at least be well off? Well, that is the
> capitalist free enterprise system. Note how the Arab world is doing these
> days for an object lesson in other systems.

Just place an Euthanasia Clinic next to the libraries where the
homeless hang out and groom themselves, and their population will
quickly dwindle.

Just give them 100 bucks and a ticket to the 'afterlife.'

http://webspawner.com/users/BANANA...