SysAdmin of the Year: Nominate Tom Copeland?

Bil Kleb

8/24/2007 11:56:00 PM

From SourceForge.net comes,

SysAdmin of the Year Contest
----------------------------

Do have know a SysAdmin who goes beyond the call of duty? If
so, nominate them as SysAdmin of the Year 2007. They can win
great prizes (Macbook Pro, iPhone, Splunk License), including
the knowledge that you care. The first 2500 SysAdmins
nominated get a free t-shirt.

http://www.sysadminoft...

I say we all nominate Tom Copeland of InfoEther for his
tireless support of rubyforge.org!

Later,
--
Bil Kleb
http://nasarb.rub...

Bil Kleb

Bil Kleb wrote:

> http://www.sysadminoft...
>
> I say we all nominate Tom Copeland of InfoEther for his
> tireless support of rubyforge.org!

Sorry, the form also requires an email:

tom () infoether ! com

Later,
--
Bil Kleb
http://fun3d.lar...

Lionel Bouton

Bil Kleb wrote:
> Bil Kleb wrote:
>>
>> http://www.sysadminoft...
>>
>> I say we all nominate Tom Copeland of InfoEther for his
>> tireless support of rubyforge.org!
>
> Sorry, the form also requires an email:
>
> tom () infoether ! com

I don't know for you Bill, but he got my vote for the file permission
fixup. He was quick and went a little further to give users the means to
solve the problem at their end which is the best a sysadm can do in my
opinion.

Lionel

James Britt

Bil Kleb wrote:

> I say we all nominate Tom Copeland of InfoEther for his
> tireless support of rubyforge.org!

Done!

Tom rules.

--
James Britt

"People want simple stories."

Bil Kleb

Lionel Bouton wrote:
> Bil Kleb wrote:
>> http://www.sysadminoft...
>>
>> I say we all nominate Tom Copeland of InfoEther for his
>> tireless support of rubyforge.org! [tom () infoether ! com]
>
> I don't know for you Bill, but he got my vote for the file permission
> fixup.

Yes, that was sweet! (Thanks again Tom.)

I submitted a Hoe patch request to tone down the default
rsync options to take advantage of it...

http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&aid=13347&group_id=1513&...

Regards,
--
Bil Kleb
http://fun3d.lar...

Tom Copeland

On Sat, 2007-08-25 at 10:50 +0900, Bil Kleb wrote:
> Lionel Bouton wrote:
> > Bil Kleb wrote:
> >> http://www.sysadminoft...
> >>
> >> I say we all nominate Tom Copeland of InfoEther for his
> >> tireless support of rubyforge.org! [tom () infoether ! com]
> >
> > I don't know for you Bill, but he got my vote for the file permission
> > fixup.
>
> Yes, that was sweet! (Thanks again Tom.)

No problem! That's been on my TODO list for a while... glad to finally
knock it out....

Yours,

Tom

Phlip

Lionel Bouton wrote:

>> tom () infoether ! com
>
> I don't know for you Bill, but he got my vote for the file permission
> fixup. He was quick and went a little further to give users the means to
> solve the problem at their end which is the best a sysadm can do in my
> opinion.

+1

Tom has been nice to me for much longer than any other sysadmin who has
generally gotten to know me!

--
Phlip

Alexey Verkhovsky

On 8/24/07, Phlip <phlip2005@gmail.com> wrote:
> Lionel Bouton wrote:
> >> tom () infoether ! com

+1

--
Alexey Verkhovsky
CruiseControl.rb [http://cruisecontrolrb.though...]

Robert Dober

On 8/25/07, Bil Kleb <Bil.Kleb@nasa.gov> wrote:
> From SourceForge.net comes,
>
> SysAdmin of the Year Contest
> ----------------------------
>
> Do have know a SysAdmin who goes beyond the call of duty? If
> so, nominate them as SysAdmin of the Year 2007. They can win
> great prizes (Macbook Pro, iPhone, Splunk License), including
> the knowledge that you care. The first 2500 SysAdmins
> nominated get a free t-shirt.
>
> http://www.sysadminoft...
>
> I say we all nominate Tom Copeland of InfoEther for his
> tireless support of rubyforge.org!
Count me in, especially for his reactivity and kindness...
Robert

--
I'm an atheist and that's it. I believe there's nothing we can know
except that we should be kind to each other and do what we can for

Trans

On Aug 24, 5:00 pm, Bil Kleb <Bil.K...@NASA.gov> wrote:
> From SourceForge.net comes,
>
> SysAdmin of the Year Contest
> ----------------------------
>
> Do have know a SysAdmin who goes beyond the call of duty? If
> so, nominate them as SysAdmin of the Year 2007. They can win
> great prizes (Macbook Pro, iPhone, Splunk License), including
> the knowledge that you care. The first 2500 SysAdmins
> nominated get a free t-shirt.
>
> http://www.sysadminoft...
>
> I say we all nominate Tom Copeland of InfoEther for his
> tireless support of rubyforge.org!

+1 * 10^100!

T.