Problems getting Mechanize working...

Sergio Ruiz

8/23/2007 8:38:00 PM

i am trying to get mechanize to work, but i am getting the following
error..

does anyone have any ideas?

this happens in irb and while running scripts.. if i do an
agent.methods, i get not 'get' in the list either..

very weird..

i would appreciate any help

thanks!

irb(main):009:0> agent = WWW::Mechanize.new
=> #<WWW::Mechanize:0x21960ac>
irb(main):010:0> agent.get('http://google...)
NoMethodError: undefined method `get' for #<WWW::Mechanize:0x21960ac>
from (irb):10
irb(main):011:0>

Jano Svitok

On 8/23/07, Sergio Ruiz <sergio@village-buzz.com> wrote:
> i am trying to get mechanize to work, but i am getting the following
> error..
>
> does anyone have any ideas?
>
> this happens in irb and while running scripts.. if i do an
> agent.methods, i get not 'get' in the list either..
>
> very weird..
>
> i would appreciate any help
>
> thanks!
>
> irb(main):009:0> agent = WWW::Mechanize.new
> => #<WWW::Mechanize:0x21960ac>
> irb(main):010:0> agent.get('http://google...)
> NoMethodError: undefined method `get' for #<WWW::Mechanize:0x21960ac>
> from (irb):10
> irb(main):011:0>

I don't know much about mechanize, but this code worked for me. (with
additional require 'mechanize' before)

Try reinstalling mechanize, or run test_all.rb in mechanize's test
directory to check your installation.

Are you requiring the top-level mechanize.rb?

Sergio Ruiz

> I don't know much about mechanize, but this code worked for me. (with
> additional require 'mechanize' before)

yes, i did do that..

> Try reinstalling mechanize, or run test_all.rb in mechanize's test
> directory to check your installation.

let me try this..

> Are you requiring the top-level mechanize.rb?

how would i test this?

thanks!

Jano Svitok

On 8/24/07, Sergio Ruiz <sergio@village-buzz.com> wrote:

> > I don't know much about mechanize, but this code worked for me. (with
> > additional require 'mechanize' before)
> >

> yes, i did do that..
>
> > Try reinstalling mechanize, or run test_all.rb in mechanize's test
> > directory to check your installation.
> >

> let me try this..
>
> > Are you requiring the top-level mechanize.rb?
>
> how would i test this?

I meant whether do you require 'mechanize' or 'mechanize/something'...

There might be other causes, but my irb displays whole bunch of
members after Mechanize.new ( <WWW::Mechanize:0xer432432 @dfdsf=...
@dfsfs=... >).

Sergio Ruiz

> I meant whether do you require 'mechanize' or 'mechanize/something'...

yeah.. i do this..

> There might be other causes, but my irb displays whole bunch of
> members after Mechanize.new ( <WWW::Mechanize:0xer432432 @dfdsf=...
> @dfsfs=... >).

hmmm.. mine almost seems like it's working with a different mechanize..

trying to figure out where the code for the gems is installed..

hmm

Dano

"Michael Black" wrote in message

On Tue, 13 Nov 2012, Movie Fan wrote:

> On Nov 13, 12:31 am, veryso...@nocando.com (Pinstripe Sniper) wrote:
>> This may be my favorite episode.
>>
>> (the bathtub innuendo and the closing scene in the diner)
>
> There was no innuendo in the bathtub. They directly said she was
> masturbating.

So it wasn't like on the time on "Friends" where Monica said she "was just
washing".

Damn I wish this show was on HBO or Showtime.

verysorry

Movie Fan <joe.snod@yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Nov 13, 12:31?am, veryso...@nocando.com (Pinstripe Sniper) wrote:
>> This may be my favorite episode.
>>
>> (the bathtub innuendo and the closing scene in the diner)
>
>There was no innuendo in the bathtub. They directly said she was
>masturbating.

"why are your legs up in the air and why is the shower head..."

"I thought I'd come home to you feeling bad about yourself, not
feeling your bad self."

and later about the bathtub "I'm cold, there's no hot water when
Caroline takes a shower"

"yeah, it's all inside her"

I think there were a few more...

And yes, Caroline did say "I don't think I am the only person who
masterbates"

Dano

"Pinstripe Sniper" wrote in message news:50a9c696.51110078@news.flex.com...

Movie Fan <joe.snod@yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Nov 13, 12:31 am, veryso...@nocando.com (Pinstripe Sniper) wrote:
>> This may be my favorite episode.
>>
>> (the bathtub innuendo and the closing scene in the diner)
>
>There was no innuendo in the bathtub. They directly said she was
>masturbating.

"why are your legs up in the air and why is the shower head..."

"I thought I'd come home to you feeling bad about yourself, not
feeling your bad self."

and later about the bathtub "I'm cold, there's no hot water when
Caroline takes a shower"

"yeah, it's all inside her"

I think there were a few more...

And yes, Caroline did say "I don't think I am the only person who
masterbates"

======================================

The point is that was NOT innuendo. Like it or loathe it...subtlety is NOT
their forte in this show. Is it funny? I usually think so. But it IS also
crude and seldom trying for innuendo or a double entendre. There is only
one meaning for most of the lines...funny or not.

Michael Black

Alan Smithee

Michael Black wrote:
> I wish I'd seen this episode. I think it's quite noteworthy that a
> character did mention masturbating. On the other hand, I would have
> liked to see the whole episode to see how it carried.

Download it...