Re: 'Rite'

Yukihiro Matsumoto

In message "Re: 'Rite'"
on Mon, 20 Aug 2007 05:01:49 +0900, Trans <transfire@gmail.com> writes:

|So has the name 'Rite' for Ruby 2.0 officially gone the way of the
|Dodo bird?

Rite is a code name for my _next_ implementation. Since YARV came in,
the development of Rite itself is suspended.

|I'm curious to know b/c I have a little web generation tool that I
|think the name 'rite' would suite (b/c of the alliteration to
|'write'). But I'm not sure if I should b/c of the whole Ruby 2.0
|thing.

I have no trademark registration or such, so I don't think I can claim
anything on the word Rite. But I am afraid it might cause confusion
in the Ruby world to use that word for a project.

matz.