how can I open a local file?

Zhan feng Wang

8/20/2007 12:21:00 AM

Hi,friends,
how can I get the path of a local file, so that I can open and read the
file?
in my webpage I have following:
<form name="myInput" method="POST">
<pre>
Select A File: <input name="fname" type="file" value="start">
<input type="button" name="Go" value="Go!" >
</pre>
</form>

And e.g. I will get the fname="/home/wym/exdir/ruby/file1.rb", here the
path if local, how can I get the IP of the local path if my
ip="http://127.0....

Thanks

darren kirby

quoth the Zhan feng Wang:
> Hi,friends,
> how can I get the path of a local file, so that I can open and read the
> file?
> in my webpage I have following:
> <form name="myInput" method="POST">
> <pre>
> Select A File: <input name="fname" type="file" value="start">
> <input type="button" name="Go" value="Go!" >
> </pre>
> </form>
>
> And e.g. I will get the fname="/home/wym/exdir/ruby/file1.rb", here the
> path if local, how can I get the IP of the local path if my
> ip="http://127.0....
>
> Thanks

Hi.

I guess you may want to browse the CGI docs. [0], [1]. If that doesn't help
then perhaps you need to formulate your question a bit clearer. I, for one,
am not sure what you mean by "get the IP of the local path".

[0] http://www.ruby-doc.org/core/classe...
[1] http://www.whytheluckystiff.net/ruby/pickaxe/html/lib_netwo...

-d
--