Trans

8/19/2007 8:02:00 PM

So has the name 'Rite' for Ruby 2.0 officially gone the way of the
Dodo bird?

I'm curious to know b/c I have a little web generation tool that I
think the name 'rite' would suite (b/c of the alliteration to
'write'). But I'm not sure if I should b/c of the whole Ruby 2.0
thing.

Thanks,
T.

2 Answers

gmurray

be wary, the Dodo comes!

I think that 'rite' is a name for technologies that are not yet ready,
but still developing.
I thought the dodo arrives with 2.0, which would be about Dec at the
earliest, or its ready when it is ready.
I could be very wrong, and am not an expert in naming.

Gerald

Martin DeMello

On 8/20/07, Trans <transfire@gmail.com> wrote:
> So has the name 'Rite' for Ruby 2.0 officially gone the way of the
> Dodo bird?
>
> I'm curious to know b/c I have a little web generation tool that I
> think the name 'rite' would suite (b/c of the alliteration to
> 'write'). But I'm not sure if I should b/c of the whole Ruby 2.0
> thing.

There's always webrite

martin